IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

45 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That does not seem to have happened for the UK PPE stockpile. Otherwise they would not have had a lot of time expired kit.

Expect lots of " Now is not the time...." etc etc.

But someone has f~cked up.

So when they stock pile, presumably with months lead-time not days or even weeks, they still get it wrong. They're in a no-win situation. You, of all people, with a Sigma6 process background should understand that? You might want to offer up your services. ;)

8 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

So when they stock pile, presumably with months lead-time not days or even weeks, they still get it wrong. They're in a no-win situation. You, of all people, with a Sigma6 process background should understand that? You might want to offer up your services. ;)

He's too busy trolling for that :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

They're not showing signs of illness though.

They have PPE.  

Pandering to paranoia isn't the way forward.  Targeted testing is.  Whilst perhaps ramping up spot testing where possible.

It's hardly paranoia when people working at the frontline show concern that they are in a position to be infected, or infect their families. They should really be tested on a regular basis both for the sake of patients, staff and families!

14 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Work for a tory government? No thanks.

When the inevitable Public Enquiry comes around, which it will despite no doubt fierce resistance from the tory government, why the PPE stockpile had been allowed to deteriorate to such an extent will have to be looked at. My guess would be "Austerity". What will also need to be looked at is why it wasn't physically checked when it was obvious the pandemic was headed our way. Same for the way it was allocated. Same for the way it was distributed. Same for the way stocks would be replenished etc etc.

In fact, all the things that should have been done in January...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

They're not showing signs of illness though.

They have PPE.  

Pandering to paranoia isn't the way forward.  Targeted testing is.  Whilst perhaps ramping up spot testing where possible.

Surely it's naive to think not showing symptoms means they're not shedding the virus. The same that folks wearing PPE will not get the virus etc etc

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Surely it's naive to think not showing symptoms means they're not shedding the virus. The same that folks wearing PPE will not get the virus etc etc

It's naive to think you can repeatedly test the same hundreds of people daily who are showing no symptoms.

Wrighty covered it earlier.  Is it that hard to understand (trolling aside)?

24 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How many staff work on the front line?

Not sure what your point is? I have no idea but no matter how many, they are a potential source or are in danger of infection and its spread. I didn't say daily testing, I said regular testing. The intervals are up to the experts. 

Edited by Max Power
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Not sure what your point is? I have no idea but no matter how many, they are a potential source or are in danger of infection and its spread. 

The point clearly is that there are literally hundreds on the front line.  Probably thousands actually.   From hospitals, to Police.  To food stores where staff are passing by hundreds of people a day.

We need to deal in facts rather than paranoia and perfect world solutions.   

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

The point clearly is that there are literally hundreds on the front line.  Probably thousands actually.   From hospitals, to Police.  To food stores where staff are passing by hundreds of people a day.

We need to deal in facts rather than paranoia and perfect world solutions.   

I think you can narrow it down to the fact that the real front line is on the hospital wards and people coming into contact with those people at work! Is that not a fact?

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's naive to think you can repeatedly test the same hundreds of people daily who are showing no symptoms.

Actually I think IOM would be an ideal testing ground for this virus. All we need to do is convince WHO to stump up the funds. 80K participants should be a large enough sample to provide some useful data for epidemiologists, virologists etc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

If it was my operation I would swab everyone working with Covid-19 on exit and anyone else of my staff who wanted it.

Because as their employer I have a duty of care towards my employees.

Plus it's a scary thing to have to deal with first hand and employees need to know you're mindful of the risks they're taking.

But it's not my operation...

3 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Not really.  If someone is in full PPE then the chances of cross infection to a colleague would be minimal.   They are all in PPE so why would you test?

I fully agree with you - if they were in PPE; a point not, I think, made clear by the Facebook poster.

2 hours ago, Kopek said:

Todays announcement from Ashford is a reference to that Facebook whistleblow. He says testing is only for those showing symptoms!

If, as was claimed, there's a positive case in respect of a Noble's worker, even though they and colleagues may have been in full PPE, I can't see why those who work closely with the infected person wouldn't be tested...symptoms or not. Given that the testing is on-Island and it was stated that 200 per day could be addressed, what's the problem in testing co-workers as a precautionary measure?