IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

16 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

This will be his get out of jail free card over Brexit that’s for sure. He gets to blame covid for mass unemployment, falling standards of living, cuts in public services and all the other things Brexit would have impacted on. That’s pretty much Johnson’s M.O for his entire life - playing the bumbling public school buffoon and getting off the hook for all the stupid reckless and shitty things he’s actually done in his life by being able to blame other things for the harm he’s caused. 

What’s Howies excuses?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

What’s Howies excuses?

Probably the same. Although I wouldn’t really seek to blame anyone here for this mess and we have made a lot better decisions than the UK in a lot of instances and are now partially constrained by the appalling mess the UK is in. But Johnson is an embarrassment. He is literally the worst UK Prime Minister of modern times.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Our Government has handled this pandemic very well only idiots will dispute this.

Yes indeed , but shutting everything down on a small remote Island is hardly rocket science. It was bound to succeed so let’s calm down on the Gov backslapping. What they don’t have is plan B , or even Plan C. It fact I don’t think they have a plan but I understand Quayle will not stand again so will ride off into the sunset and let the rest deal with the economic carnage. Not his problem really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

My comment was purely a piss take. TOG. TSOS was angling for replies.

Sorry, I wasn’t disagreeing or trying to correct you. Was just chipping in with whatever counts as “tourism” makes up a tiny amount of our economy. It’s tough for the people involved in it but I can’t see the point in sacrificing other larger parts of the economy for it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Anyone said:

Ha ha , the joke is ( and it’s not funny ) there is no Plan B

One of the good outcomes is that the IOM and Guernsey seem to have found a good balance. They just need to extend that reach and common sense of purpose to move forward in a more risk controlled way to allow other spurs to travel by completely ignoring what the UK is doing and doing what is right for us while testing at every sensible opportunity and managing the risks. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

One of the good outcomes is that the IOM and Guernsey seem to have found a good balance. They just need to extend that reach and common sense of purpose to move forward in a more risk controlled way to allow other spurs to travel by completely ignoring what the UK is doing and doing what is right for us while testing at every sensible opportunity and managing the risks. 

Earwig O

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

That doesn’t even make sense. Are you ok? 

The earwigs were to race, so were allocated a letter. The crowd were heard to shout there support for one in particular, “O”
Hence the shout, Earwig O , Earwig O, Earwig O.

It is known as a “joke”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The Telegraph is leading with a story on GP's and face to face appointments. Apparently in the UK they will be in breach of their NHS contract if they only offer remote consultations. 

(A couple of pages ago on this thread the prospects of getting appointments was raised).