IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

It is a bit :) I’m serious though. Usually I would be the first person calling myself a conspiracy theorist nut job over a post like that but my friend is actually dead. I spent two years dismissing their illness as “lifestyle choice” related and I feel absolutely terrible for that.

And then someone else, who had the same vaccine, started with the same problems and now I’m genuinely interested in just how many people had the vaxzevria vaccine and how many of them are sick or dead. 

Edited by 2bees

The only issue with the vaxrevia/Astra Zeneca vaccine that was given to some Manx residents for their first dose was that one particular batch number came from a factory in India and wasn’t recognised, at the time, by the EU for the purpose of equivalency for recognition of Covid passports. 

As IoM DHSC/Manx Care/GTS proved itself incompetent, along with NHS IT, and we didn’t get the passports for several months any way, it made little difference as, by the time they were being issued the inspection/registration was recognised and problem resolved.

Ive got vaccine full house. 2 AZ, 2 pfizer and 2 Moderna. For good measure I had one Indian and one Belgian dose of AZ

3 hours ago, 2bees said:

now I’m genuinely interested in just how many people had the vaxzevria vaccine and how many of them are sick or dead. 

Well Vaxzevria was previously known as the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.  So I would imagine most of the UK population will have received it, especially for the first two doses (boosters then tend to given of a different vaccine) and some of those who were initially vaccinated with a different one (eg Pfizer) will have had the AZ one as their booster (for the same reason).

And given it's most of the population, I would imagine that some of them would have fallen sick or died since.

6 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Well Vaxzevria was previously known as the Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine.  So I would imagine most of the UK population will have received it, especially for the first two doses (boosters then tend to given of a different vaccine) and some of those who were initially vaccinated with a different one (eg Pfizer) will have had the AZ one as their booster (for the same reason).

And given it's most of the population, I would imagine that some of them would have fallen sick or died since.

I think the point 2bees was making was that in the early days the EU was only recognising UK/EU manufactured batches of AZ/vaxrevia, and the NHS sourced ( and IoM was allocated some ) a small quantity of AZ manufactured in India. It wasn’t dodgy.

There have been 140 million doses given in UK. I couldn’t find the split. But I recall that originally, here, in December 20, and January February March 21, both AZ and pfizer were being administered and you didn’t get a choice.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think the point 2bees was making was that in the early days the EU was only recognising UK/EU manufactured batches of AZ/vaxrevia, and the NHS sourced ( and IoM was allocated some ) a small quantity of AZ manufactured in India. It wasn’t dodgy.

There have been 140 million doses given in UK. I couldn’t find the split. But I recall that originally, here, in December 20, and January February March 21, both AZ and pfizer were being administered and you didn’t get a choice.

From memory, Pfizer was first out of the blocks to get approval and was the first vaccine to be administered here once the shipping and cold storage issues had been overcome.  I was jabbed with Pfizer on 4th January 2021, pretty much one of the first to be done.

The AZ then got approved and was easier to deal with, but evidence came out of rare cerebral thromboses in younger patients, so they stopped it in under 30s (but not before my eldest daughter had had hers - with no ill effects)

As far as I'm aware, there have been no major detrimental effects from any of the vaccines, aside from these very rare ones, which the regulators have responded to appropriately. And it is certain that the rate of any side effects from the vaccines are far less than getting covid itself, at least in the early days when none of us had had it.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I saw your comment and so didn't add to mine about the 'Indian' vaccine.  As you say, no one claimed the vaccine was any different from that manufactured elsewhere, just that the paperwork wasn't in order (from memory it was to do with factory inspections).  The whole thing wasn't then helped by Ashford announcing that none had been given on the Island, when it had been as discussed earlier in this topic.  In the end it didn't make much difference in practical terms, but a lot of confusion was created and seems to have left a legacy.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

I'm triple vaxed but no more for me. Had headaches and a blood clot in my leg that come and go for over a year now. A visit to the doctor was a complete waste of time. 

This is the kind of thing. Thanks SMUJ. Hope the clots go away :)  And thanks also to everyone else who has taken the time to tell me stuff I didn't know. I did think the one that had been made in a country that isn't the UK, USA or am I even allowed to say that? Oh I don't know. Maybe? Well, anyway I thought there was something different in its make up, not just paperwork, cheers.