IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Our Government has handled this pandemic very well only idiots will dispute this.

This

why would they even entertain the idea of opening up the borders until there is a large scale vaccine available. There is a lot of anecdotal chat about how effective a vaccine will be but it’s a viable strategy nonetheless.

The CI’s can do what they want and have a more risk based approach. Tourism and travel isn’t crippling us as a nation.

43 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Or the second wave is imminent & many, many will die.

Piers morgan and that dr fella were on this morning on gmtv. piers basically berating the public for not listening conviently forgetting he praised his son going to a blm protest back in may when large gatherings were illegal. The dr tells us that there were 9 recorded deaths out of over 3000 cases and this is a big cause of concern. 

The numbers are so skewed the picture is muddied.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Piers morgan and that dr fella were on this morning on gmtv. piers basically berating the public for not listening conviently forgetting he praised his son going to a blm protest back in may when large gatherings were illegal. The dr tells us that there were 9 recorded deaths out of over 3000 cases and this is a big cause of concern. 

Piers is another that needs to be permanently unplugged from social media. He was photographed flying BA first class back from Italy to beat the self isolation controls that were coming in on returning holidaymakers not so long ago. Now he’s changed his tune as he’s worked out that revving up paranoid idiots about covid gets him better ratings.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

You should listen to Radio 4 instead, Lord Sumption was very entertaining. I can safely say that he does not like the rule of six. 

2 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

The dr tells us

.....and you believe him? His opinion has as much credibility as my pet tortoise predicting this week's Euromillions numbers.

The medics lost sight of what they are paid to do several decades ago since they startred treating statistics rather than cases.  After this CV debacle, their opinion needs to be taken with a large pinch of sodium chloride after taking all their warnings about salt into consideration, of course :whatever:

'Trust me, I'm a doctor' - not any more.

25 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

.....and you believe him? His opinion has as much credibility as my pet tortoise predicting this week's Euromillions numbers.

The medics lost sight of what they are paid to do several decades ago since they startred treating statistics rather than cases.  After this CV debacle, their opinion needs to be taken with a large pinch of sodium chloride after taking all their warnings about salt into consideration, of course :whatever:

I didnt say I believe him, my point was you turn on the tv and you've just got people scaring the bejus out of you. 

So many experts giving conflicting views. I know hes not everyones cup of tea but take away its jeremy Clarkson he has written a decent article today. (Link below). This isnt his actual article I will try and find it.

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/1334920/Jeremy-Clarkson-millionaire-government-coronavirus-UK-restrictions-Chris-Whitty-news

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thommo2010 said:

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

Covid is obviously a very divisive issue.

But at least we can all happily agree that nobody cares what someone says on GMTV or writes in the Daily Express.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

....and you believe him? His opinion has as much credibility as my pet tortoise predicting this week's Euromillions numbers.

Not saying I believe you but how do I get in touch with your tortoise on say like email , you know, just in case......

Anyway, the only one I take note of is MD in Private Eye. Every two weeks, explains everything without rubbish, cuts through the self interests and the hypocrisy.  Like everything else, follow the money....

• Like 1

So the minute you can actually buy a test rather than just be forced to self isolate for 14 days untested we start finding covid cases in the “covid-free” IOM. Funny that. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/two-new-cases-of-covid-19-on-island/

Edited by thesultanofsheight

25 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

So the minute you can actually buy a test rather than just be forced to self isolate for 14 days untested we start finding covid cases in the “covid-free” IOM. Funny that. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/two-new-cases-of-covid-19-on-island/

What are the chance hey? Mysterious …

The Island must be full of it. Cases will start to steadily increase now.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

If these 2 positives did indeed come from day 7 elective tests, it supports the fact that the 14 days self isolation rule is an effective barrier against community transmission re starting, and why breaches of it are taken so seriously. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

If these 2 positives did indeed come from day 7 elective tests, it supports the fact that the 14 days self isolation rule is an effective barrier against community transmission re starting, and why breaches of it are taken so seriously. 

Up to 2/3rds of people weren’t even getting a phone call to check up on them. Now they might get a phone call. Plenty I know got not even a phone call. The system is only policed by nosy neighbours and that’s about it. If we were serious about 14 days as a way to stop transmission rather than as a way of inconveniencing people so they don’t leave the island and spend money elsewhere then we’d have both mandatory 7 day testing and active widespread checking. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight