IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

The media have got bored of Ukraine so I'd expect a scare campaign involving covid to pop up. In years to come people will look back and be amazed at the lengths we went to in 2020

More than likely wonder why we were so feckin stupid to listen to their shite...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/29/2022 at 8:03 PM, Gladys said:

Well quite, but do we care? We have to look at the whole picture, not just Covid prevention, it is the financial, social and unintended consequence health cost of Covid prevention that will be longer lasting than Covid itself.

Uk government backtracks and introduces rules for people travelling from China. Travellers are expected to have a covid test and result prior to departure. A surveillance measure is also to be introduced where officials will test sample blocks of people landing at UK airports from China. Maybe they don't trust testing standards in China?

Either way, it sounds expensive, and no doubt open to abuse.

What's the betting on Walter asking a question in the house on local measures...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-64130655

Edited by quilp
Link

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That would be the stupidest reason of them all.

Oh I don’t know. I think we probably owe China a big payback for both having unleashed covid on the world then selling zero covid strategies and other liberty restricting totalitarian initiatives as being the only effective solution to the problem they created. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh I don't' know about that  there have been a couple of people I know been made multi millionares  due to covid  so the fortune cookie  has looked down favourably  on them , weather or not  this might  come to a sticky end ? who knows , 

but I guess the lawyers will do well out of it , be positive every cloud has a silver lining !

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Oh I don't' know about that  there have been a couple of people I know been made multi millionares  due to covid 

True, if only everyone was a heartless and ruthless bastard who thought - millions of people might die of this so it would be rude not to totally cash in on this for personal benefit. 

Dr John Ioannidis, Stanford University professor of medicine and epidemiology, has recently published the below statistics re. covid 19 fatality. These were the basis on which the entire World was ‘locked down’, we all forced to wear masks, and a global vaccine program rolled out:

The stats are higher for the more elderly but 94% of the global population is below 70 years - average survivability across all ages has been 99.965%.

With these numbers in mind some might say our response to covid the first time around was overblown. Let us not make the same mistake again.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Thereisnt said:

Ages 0-19: 0.0003%
Ages 20-29: 0.003%
Ages 30-39: 0.011%
Ages 40-49: 0.035%

These are out by a factor of 10x, so probably accurate in a vaccinated group. In my view that’s an argument for vaccination rather than against. 

• Like 2