IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I know someone who believed/believes everything that was/is against "normal" peoples' views.

He's still an anti-vax Covid denier, etc... etc..., but he has recently cancelled his membership of some of the protest groups.

This has got to be good news, because I think he was spending a lot of time on the group forums stirring things up, and taking things in.

There must be many more people like that who are still active stirrers.

2 hours ago, monasqueen said:

It's the power of "Social Meeja". Feed people enough duff information, and they'll believe it.

Yeah, but...................Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian plant.

Misinformation comes from all angles. Who do you believe.

AC has a point, on football forums certain people like to claim to be 'in the know' about transfers etc. Invariably talking shit.

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

Misinformation comes from all angles. Who do you believe.

AC has a point, on football forums certain people like to claim to be 'in the know' about transfers etc. Invariably talking shit.

A lot of people, on a lot of forums, talk shit, regardless of topic.

Choose your forum, and who you believe, wisely.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gladys said:

The biggest sign of ignorance is someone not admitting, not least to themselves, how little they know.  A wise man knows how little he knows. 

Is that true ?

I know nothing....🤫

1 minute ago, Apple said:

Believe me I am not, honestly. 

The point is that there is so much blind belief in a firmly held opinion, which then leads to seeking out verification of your opinion (confirmation bias), rather than to test it, that it does take a wise person to recognise that their opinion may be just that, and they do not know their opinion to be founded on truth.  You strike me as someone who recognises their opinion for what it is, and is open to having it verified or challenged. 

In that way you are wise indeed, oh wise one

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The point is that there is so much blind belief in a firmly held opinion, which then leads to seeking out verification of your opinion (confirmation bias), rather than to test it, that it does take a wise person to recognise that their opinion may be just that, and they do not know their opinion to be founded on truth.  You strike me as someone who recognises their opinion for what it is, and is open to having it verified or challenged. 

In that way you are wise indeed, oh wise one

You are too kind. I am really blushing now.🥵