IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

If these 2 positives did indeed come from day 7 elective tests, it supports the fact that the 14 days self isolation rule is an effective barrier against community transmission re starting, and why breaches of it are taken so seriously. 

Waste of £50 there , 14 more days banged up. Bet they wish they hadn’t bothered.

25 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

If these 2 positives did indeed come from day 7 elective tests, it supports the fact that the 14 days self isolation rule is an effective barrier against community transmission re starting, and why breaches of it are taken so seriously. 

Actually the Manx Radio story says[1]: It's understood one of the two new cases opted to have the seven-day test option, and both will now be required to quarantine at home.  And makes it clear that these are separate cases, rather than members of the same household isolating together.  The other case presumably developed symptoms and got tested for those.

Rather worryingly it also says: Teams are in the process of undertaking contact tracing, and will speak to anyone who came in to contact with the individuals.  Which suggests the isolation may not have been vigilant as advertised.  But the most worrying thing is that the two cases are separate - it might just be a coincidence, but otherwise it suggests a high level of infection in the UK.

[1]  This isn't actually in the official release which is mainly just guff attributed to Quayle.  So it looks as if someone up Douglas Head has been committing journalism again, they'll probably be sacked tomorrow.

Edited by Roger Mexico

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually the Manx Radio story says[1]: It's understood one of the two new cases opted to have the seven-day test option, and both will now be required to quarantine at home.  And makes it clear that these are separate cases, rather than members of the same household isolating together.  The other case presumably developed symptoms and got tested for those.

Rather worryingly it also says: Teams are in the process of undertaking contact tracing, and will speak to anyone who came in to contact with the individuals.  Which suggests the isolation may not have been vigilant as advertised.  But the most worrying thing is that the two cases are separate - it might just be a coincidence, but otherwise it suggests a high level of infection in the UK.

[1]  This isn't actually in the official release which is mainly just guff attributed to Quayle.  So it looks as if someone up Douglas Head has been committing journalism again, they'll probably be sacked tomorrow.

The contact tracing statement has been put out since very early on in the pandemic - I wouldn't read anything in to that. 

Whether they paid for the seven day test, or developed symptoms and had a free test, provided they followed their direction notices and isolated on return,  the outcome is the same.

44 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Two new cases today. Both self isolating since getting back.

There was a guy on FB saying when the Bulgarian food delivery guy got busted that there was another 2 confirmed cases connected to it,

the government say they are unrelated and returned from the UK, strange how the FB guy got the timing and the numbers correct though.

46 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

So the minute you can actually buy a test rather than just be forced to self isolate for 14 days untested we start finding covid cases in the “covid-free” IOM. Funny that. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/two-new-cases-of-covid-19-on-island/

The numbers are massively increasing in the UK and Europe, and if our people are still travelling to these places then it makes it  more likely that they will get it and bring it back with them.

Maybe we should stop letting people travel back and forth (apart from essential travel - hospital, genuine and checked compassionate grounds, etc) to these places  again before we do get it back in the community.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lagman said:

There was a guy on FB saying when the Bulgarian food delivery guy got busted that there was another 2 confirmed cases connected to it,

the government say they are unrelated and returned from the UK, strange how the FB guy got the timing and the numbers correct though.

My Mrs is self isolating and had an email this morning from 111 to say that someone who travelled back to the IOM on the same sailing as her had tested positive. That sailing was after the Bulgarian fella got caught and jailed, so I'd doubt they're related.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Facebook bullshitters are ten a penny. No surprise that one will excrete something that comes close to the truth at some point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lagman said:

I don't think the timing is correct though.  The breach was on 6th, so it's over a week ago.  I suppose they might have done a 7 day test yesterday, but then the guy on Facebook wouldn't have known at the time.

2 minutes ago, madmanxpilot said:

My Mrs is self isolating and had an email this morning from 111 to say that someone who travelled back to the IOM on the same sailing as her had tested positive. That sailing was after the Bulgarian fella got caught and jailed, so I'd doubt they're related.

I didn't say I believed it but it was interesting the numbers and timing were a match. That's  kind of worrying, was it a busy sailing with lots of people?

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't think the timing is correct though

It was near enough that I remembered it, also they still don't seem to be updating the information over the weekend, maybe we should start doing that again now that we have cases again.

5 minutes ago, Lagman said:

I didn't say I believed it but it was interesting the numbers and timing were a match. That's  kind of worrying, was it a busy sailing with lots of people?

The dates don't tally by about 5 days I reckon.. No, it was quiet, those aboard were well segregated and wearing face masks.

• Like 1