IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

You only have to look at the closed businesses on any high street and the blight of derelict sites and temporary car parks to see the ongoing consequences of lockdowns.  Not to mention struggling NHS and backlogs on treatments, excess deaths. Stagnation/depression is here even if they don't want to admit it.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Covid and Brexit were a heady mix. Covid and lockdown was bad enough but with Brexit, the majority of the staff who held up our services have gone and few of the ones remaining want to work long hours, and evenings for minimum wage. Life will not be the same now, but it will still go on, only not as we once knew it. Change is coming for us all, and it’s not just here, it’s worldwide. Commercial service providers are getting out while they can and who can blame then. Public service providers have no choice but to carry on but already we can see the huge cracks appearing.

At Christmas time I spoke with friends and we agreed that we might all look back at Christmas 2022 as the last ‘normal’ Christmas we could remember. The ‘trick’ is not to get so caught up in what is coming and the negativity of it all and more have gratitude for what we currently have. 

I think Joni Mitchell might once have written a song about it. ☺️

Indeed, change isn't necessarily bad, not accepting the inevitable is. 

• Like 1

The division in society between the haves and have nots is the worst bit of it all. We saw it here. People already struggling ordered to stay at home through threat of jail, suspend their lives, collect £200, while CM picks up £57000. Whatever happened to the MSF? Oh, the money went to the connected to keep their businesses alive, not into the pockets of the skint.

Still, all that matters is the decent people I guess.

It's a surprise to see that article in the guardian, seeing as theyve been fucking awful for covid coverage.

8 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

You only have to look at the closed businesses on any high street and the blight of derelict sites and temporary car parks to see the ongoing consequences of lockdowns.  Not to mention struggling NHS and backlogs on treatments, excess deaths. Stagnation/depression is here even if they don't want to admit it.

I haven’t changed my opinion from Day One of covid as to what a genuinely ridiculous thing the lockdowns were. But it was the default strategy used by China (the most mental and oppressive country in the world) on how to deal with a public health crisis which everyone copied. We’ve kept everyone under 60 alive just in time to seriously f’**k up the next 10 years of their lives with a global recession that should never have happened. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The division in society between the haves and have nots is the worst bit of it all. We saw it here. People already struggling ordered to stay at home through threat of jail, suspend their lives, collect £200, while CM picks up £57000. Whatever happened to the MSF? Oh, the money went to the connected to keep their businesses alive, not into the pockets of the skint.

Still, all that matters is the decent people I guess.

It's a surprise to see that article in the guardian, seeing as theyve been fucking awful for covid coverage.

CM also picked up 100% income from his holiday cottages and no costs.

Bent as fvck decision. Of course, he recused himself from that particular meeting. Wait............he didn't?

Oh well, still, £425 of stolen covid tests? Bang them up!