IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Be interesting to know when the last person under 65 without some significant existing health condition died of covid in a heavily vaccinated country was. I'd guess over a year ago. Unless you're dead old or already really sick you probably don't need a booster. 

The JVCI, which makes the decisions on who gets them are a bunch of pretty smart folk. If they say its only for the oldies, there will be a reason. Should probably trust them eh? They were right about kids.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 2

It would be foolish not to take account of what other Countries are doing? They have a depth of experience that smaller Counties do not have?

One could hardly expect local \health care officials to resign because paste and copy could replace his , her, their, role, delete as required, is just as good as their hands on role can be?

20 hours ago, Barlow said:

Oh, and Covid hasn't gone away, not by a long way.

My SiL has covid right now. He hasn't been out of the house in over two weeks, other than attending A&E at Nobles as well as the physical therapy dept due to a recent injury. We can only assume he picked it up in one of those two places. 

He's fine but I'm staying the heck away. I don't want a repeat of my last bout with covid, no freaking way. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I’d rather have Covid 10 times than Norovirus once I reckon.

Bit of an odd comparison, IMHO.
I’m guessing that view reflects your own experience of covid - I’m guessing that your symptoms were mild?   I’m guessing that you didn’t die?

Good for you.

Edited by Jarndyce
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Bit of an odd comparison, IMHO.
I’m guessing that view reflects your own experience of covid - I’m guessing that your symptoms were mild?   I’m guessing that you didn’t die?

Good for you.

Well yes, I can't judge for anyone else! It is fair to guess that I didn't die, the signs are there.

Dunno if I'd describe it as "mild" but I've had illnesses since that were worse.

16 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I rank illness based on how many of them I'd rather have than 1 bout of Norovirus.

I'd rather have Covid 10 times than Norovirus once I reckon.

Ive never heard of anyone getting long norovirus though? We seem to have quite a few long COVID sufferers over here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Any virus can cause post-viral fatigue. Or would long norovirus be a tattered bumhole?

From what I understand, long covid is in a different league to post-viral fatigue syndrome. Long covid can manifest in many different symptoms that ordinary post-viral fatigue doesn't. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Zarley said:

From what I understand, long covid is in a different league to post-viral fatigue syndrome. Long covid can manifest in many different symptoms that ordinary post-viral fatigue doesn't. 

I think that's very individual though - some long post-viral stuff is mild, some is significant, regardless of whether it came from Covid or elsewhere. There's just more of it about and more of it to notice now given how widespread Covid was.

On the plus side, the prevalence of long Covid means there's better care being set up that'll benefit people with post-viral issues from other viruses, too.

31 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I think that's very individual though - some long post-viral stuff is mild, some is significant, regardless of whether it came from Covid or elsewhere. There's just more of it about and more of it to notice now given how widespread Covid was.

On the plus side, the prevalence of long Covid means there's better care being set up that'll benefit people with post-viral issues from other viruses, too.

Is it possible that what is thought of as 'long covid' may actually be, as yet unrecognised, long term side-effects from the vaccination program?

5 minutes ago, ManxMum said:

Is it possible that what is thought of as 'long covid' may actually be, as yet unrecognised, long term side-effects from the vaccination program?

Possible in the sense of "anything is possible"? Sort of.

Possible as in actually possible? No. I know unvaccinated people with long Covid.