IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

19 minutes ago, Bosley said:

Is he now trying to repent?

No.   He’s trying to obfuscate, misrepresent and generally suggest that it was nothing to do with him (despite the fact that he’s on record as one of the Dynamic Duo at the time…and has the gong to prove it).

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

I don't know about repentance, but that's quite the admission of culpability there.

It is quite an admission. He admits people have been left long term traumatized by their treatment (who’d have guessed?). No other country in the world could have possibly jailed as many people as a % of the population than we did. If they ever did an analysis I’d bet we have the highest covid jailing numbers of any first world nation on earth - 72 out of a population of 85,000. I don’t think the UK put anyone in prison specifically for Covid breaches - but instead issued around 4,000 fines for a population of 65,000,000. 

8 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Chris Thomas did say in Tynwald that some members of comin, at the time, were very keen on jailing people during Covid.

Yes bullies always seize their chance to bully. And that’s what elements of the Manx public sector did with absolute glee. There is a whole pile of them who should have been in prison for human rights abuses. Not these people. I hope one day a book is written about the little Island that got off on openly abusing its population over the pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

The isle.of man has a deep and disgusting authoritarian side and it's totally down to the old people.

Should have let COVID fucking rip.

Beware the HiVIbes / Teapot alliance! :lol:

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bosley said:

Ashford looking for his repentance?

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/ex-health-minister-suggests-pardon-for-people-convicted-of-breaching-covid-restrictions-706269

The fact that we put 72 people in prison out of a population of 85,000 is a national disgrace. But let’s not forget it was Howie and Ashy (and the now exited Greenhow) who were getting off on their bargain basement Putin act of letting people be thrown in jail for buying sandwiches and bullying anyone in the DHSC trying to talk rational sense out of a job. Is he now trying to repent?

Honestly, the fact they gleefully tried to destroy people's lives and livelihoods during this period was nothing short of criminal in itself.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Honestly, the fact they gleefully tried to destroy people's lives and livelihoods during this period was nothing short of criminal in itself.

Shameful period in our recent history.

I hope those jailed are pardoned

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

I agree there are people still inside government who should have gone to prison over their behaviour over the border closures and the whole thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosley said:

It is quite an admission. He admits people have been left long term traumatized by their treatment (who’d have guessed?). No other country in the world could have possibly jailed as many people as a % of the population than we did. If they ever did an analysis I’d bet we have the highest covid jailing numbers of any first world nation on earth - 72 out of a population of 85,000. I don’t think the UK put anyone in prison specifically for Covid breaches - but instead issued around 4,000 fines for a population of 65,000,000. 

Could it be that any of those who were jailed were, in fact, innocent?

51 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Oh, you have a petition? Have you got a link? I'll sign. 

Why would I have a petition? You're the one bringing it up so you do something about it. I don't care enough about it to create a petition 

• Like 1