IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

34 minutes ago, Bosley said:

You can’t really apply rational thought to such insane times really. What other insane jurisdiction would throw someone in jail for such a thing? 

Every country I've ever visited punished those who broke the law...

Why should the IOM be any different...?

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Every country I've ever visited punished those who broke the law...

Why should the IOM be any different...?

With prison? No. Name one other country where the response was an automatic jail sentence for so many people? Not even Jersey with a population much higher than us jailed 70 odd people. Honestly having this in our recent history is just totally sad and embarrassing. The members of Tynwald and government at the time should be ashamed. 

Edited by Bosley

27 minutes ago, quilp said:

It might've have helped if the woman who stopped for petrol hadn't kicked-off on the cops and resisted arrest. She was fully informed of the emergency laws before she got off the boat.

Let’s remind ourselves...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-54266517.amp

My fuel warning light comes on when there is about 40 miles worth left in the tank.  I can do my normal car journeys for a day or so before filling up.  If her warning light came on after leaving the ferry port (presumably Douglas) then she should have had enough to get home.  It wasn't a case of running on empty.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Please explain how they were automatic jail sentences using evidence where possible.

I know that you seem to be amazingly thick, and some sad supporter of minor league totalitarianism, but we put 72 people in prison. That is self evident. They were automatic sentences based on the decision of a kangaroo court that you broke the rules. We should now be compensating these people and we should now be removing the records of such ridiculous prison sentences. It’s a national embarrassment that there are still people having to declare such ridiculous convictions in job applications and other things. David Ashford is 100% right. 

Edited by Bosley
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bosley said:

I know that you seem to be amazingly thick, and some sad supporter of minor league totalitarianism, but we put 72 people in prison. That is self evident. They were automatic sentences based on the decision of a kangaroo court that yiu broke the rules. We should now be compensating these people and we should now be removing the records of such ridiculous prison sentences. It’s a national embarrassment that there are still people having to declare such ridiculous convictions in job applications and other things. 

Not kangaroo courts, not automatic sentences and possibly aggravating circumstances in each case. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bosley said:

I know that you seem to be amazingly thick, and some sad supporter of minor league totalitarianism, but we put 72 people in prison. That is self evident. They were automatic sentences based on the decision of a kangaroo court that yiu broke the rules. We should now be compensating these people and we should now be removing the records of such ridiculous prison sentences. It’s a national embarrassment that there are still people having to declare such ridiculous convictions in job applications and other things. 

So you couldn't explain how they were actually automatic jail sentences, you instead ranted about some perceived threat that doesn't exist or you don't understand the IOM judicial system.

You seem to have a lot of "skin in this game", how long was your sentence?

• Like 1

Just now, RecklessAbandon said:

So you couldn't explain how they were actually automatic jail sentences, you instead ranted about some perceived threat that doesn't exist or you don't understand the IOM judicial system.

You seem to have a lot of "skin in this game", how long was your sentence?

No I explained but you seem to be far too thick to work out what I said. How do you think 72 people ended up in prison? 

3 minutes ago, Bosley said:

No I explained but you seem to be far too thick to work out what I said. How do you think 72 people ended up in prison? 

They were convicted in a court of law based on evidence and testimony based on legal precedence.

If it was automatic, why bother with a court appearance in the first place?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

They were convicted in a court of law based on evidence and testimony based on legal precedence.

If it was automatic, why bother with a court appearance in the first place?

Honestly you are just thick. You’re a waste of time. Get your mum or dad to explain it to you. 

Edited by Bosley

4 minutes ago, Bosley said:

Honestly you are just thick. You’re a waste of time. Get your mum or dad to explain it to you. 

I think you need to step away and "as the youth put it" - go outside and touch some grass.

And then ask someone qualified (not a Facebook expert) to explain to you how the IOM judicial system works and why you are wildly wrong.

2 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

I think you need to step away and "as the youth put it" - go outside and touch some grass.

And then ask someone qualified (not a Facebook expert) to explain to you how the IOM judicial system works and why you are wildly wrong.

I don’t need to do any of those things Adolf. Go and ask your mum or dad how 72 people ended up in prison in the IOM during the pandemic. Which proportionately must be the highest number of people jailed anywhere globally per head of population. 

Edited by Bosley