IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, Bosley said:

I don’t need to do any of those things Adolf. Go any ask your mum or dad how 72 people ended up in prison in the IOM during the pandemic. Which proportionately must be the highest number of people jailed anywhere globally per head of population. 

A sensible person would say "wow we sure have a higher proportion of rule breakers than anywhere else."

A less sensible person would say "wow everyone else but me is a Nazi"

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Bosley said:

Covid is over fella you won’t get any claps being a deranged lockdown alarmist four years after 😂😂

You Sir, are a complete fool. 
At that time, all the news facilities were broadcasting was bodies piling ip in Italy, and how Covid could wipe out a significant proportion of the world’s population if it was not checked. 
There was not four years hindsight to look back on. 
If or when it were to happen again, I would hope that the governments of the day take similar or greater effective measures to stop the spread. 
If I could change any of that part of our history, I would have closed the borders earlier and kept the Covid hotels going, at a subsidised rate, for all arrivals. and more significantly, no lockdowns to save the economy. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Cambon said:

If I could change any of that part of our history, I would have closed the borders earlier and kept the Covid hotels going, at a subsidised rate, for all arrivals. and more significantly, no lockdowns to save the economy. 

But then again you’re clearly insane. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cambon said:

If the government had introduced 2 tests for the 2000 odd that returned here for the xmas (secondary testing as backed by Dr Glover)...we'd have avoided one of the major lockdowns. And saved a few lives.

All documented on MF at the time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, quilp said:

It might've have helped if the woman who stopped for petrol hadn't kicked-off on the cops and resisted arrest. She was fully informed of the emergency laws before she got off the boat.

Let’s remind ourselves...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-54266517.amp

information being publicly available and fully informed aren't the same thing .

5 minutes ago, WTF said:

information being publicly available and fully informed aren't the same thing .

But it is when it's explained to you at the arrival point, "you should go straight home", said the lady behind her mask from the little kiosk/shed in the IOMSPCo car park as she handed you a leaflet.

48 minutes ago, Bosley said:

I don’t need to do any of those things Adolf. Go and ask your mum or dad how 72 people ended up in prison in the IOM during the pandemic. Which proportionately must be the highest number of people jailed anywhere globally per head of population. 

I can answer that!

They ended up in jail because they broke the law...! That's right isn't it?

The lady prosecuted for getting petrol only has herself to blame for being stupid by not preparing properly.  I'm sure you know the age old idage:

"Fail to prepare - prepare for jail..."

or something like that anyway...

2 hours ago, quilp said:

It might've have helped if the woman who stopped for petrol hadn't kicked-off on the cops and resisted arrest

The fact she properly went off on the police seems to be forgotten about in this discussion.

If she’d been civil she’d have had words of advice and she’d have avoided all her trouble. Other people in similar situations just had words of advice.

2 hours ago, RecklessAbandon said:

A sensible person would say "wow we sure have a higher proportion of rule breakers than anywhere else."

But that simply isn’t true it is it? We just had more draconian legislation that gave much less scope for a non custodial sentence when breaches occurred. That’s how we jailed 72 people and yet everywhere else jailed fewer numbers (if any at all). 

Edited by Bosley

2 hours ago, Bosley said:

Yes NZ too to be fair. And look at her global reputation now in tatters. The covid nutter Prime Minister who is now a global pariah for her insane pandemic approach. 

Indeed the star of Saint Jacinda has fallen somewhat, but I wouldn't go as far to say that she's a global pariah.

She's now a Lecturer at Harvard in International Leadership. 

She was basically hounded out of NZ by a load of death threat Covid nutters. 

1 hour ago, Cambon said:

If or when it were to happen again, I would hope that the governments of the day take similar or greater effective measures to stop the spread. 

I'm not sure they could.  It seems to me that there is significantly more hostility to Govts globally nowadays and much of that was driven by their actions during lockdown.  Admittedly they were probably damned if they did or damned if they didn't.  But people don't really consider the lives saved, they remember lives lost and being locked up though. 

If they tried it again, I think there would be anarchy.  Fingers crossed 😁

Edited by The Phantom
  • Like 2

When the books are written (some already are) they will show that nearly everything was a mistake.

Peoples lives were put on hold and in many cases (especially the young and the poor) significantly damaged.

There should NEVER, regardless of circumstance, be a situation where people are jailed for doing entirely normal things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1