IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Idleweiss said:

It looks like the debate is much better and more balanced on there from that post above

Drawing conclusions from a sample comprised of a single post is normally frowned upon, but based on tonight's Vader special you might actually be on to something.

image.png.d86c7461d21682a4056d4522f283302d.png

14 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Drawing conclusions from a sample comprised of a single post is normally frowned upon, but based on tonight's Vader special you might actually be on to something.

image.png.d86c7461d21682a4056d4522f283302d.png

Courtly Headcase.

It looks like the debate is much better and more balanced on there from that post above

The debate so far is certainly balanced, but not sure it's any better :lol:

image.png.f84b9eb5f3760341b99ac34972d7fe46.png

ETA: Corrin has just engaged CAPSLOCK. Want to bet Sarah Lou will be gone by the morning?

image.png.bb5a9ba11a239dd920bf891d3690fd14.png

Edited by Sheldon

4 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I thought I'd look to see what the number of deaths (adjusted for population) told us about the way various countries dealt with Covid.  From here:

image.png.665f94ef462edcbd9d738adf172c527a.png

There's clearly big differences there.

Of course what is missing is absolutely any correlation whatsoever with the number of people thrown in prison by over zealous totalitarian legislation. Jailing 72 people is a source of extreme shame for the IOM and will continue to be. I hope they all get compensated and their convictions overturned. It’s the least any decent society should do. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I thought I'd look to see what the number of deaths (adjusted for population) told us about the way various countries dealt with Covid.  From here:

image.png.665f94ef462edcbd9d738adf172c527a.png

There's clearly big differences there.

There most certainly are - and very important, thanks Roger.

In early 2020, most of us, apart from people who denied that viruses exist, saw that as an Island, we had a natural  geographical asset  that could be used to our advantage against  the pandemic.

It was, and it saved lives.

I bitterly resented the restrictions, particularly how some  pushed the boundaries of their newly acquired authority, but viewed my personal rights as something I was prepared to  temporarily offset against the common good and saving lives.

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Bosley said:

Because your clearly Adolf Hitler you fucking prick.

@Bosley

Dear me but that's not good. Not good at all.

It's "you're" not "your" which is very poor grammar.

Happy to Help!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Alert: Pandemic 2: Avian Bugaloo.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2024/07/us-prepares-for-bird-flu-pandemic-with-176m-moderna-vaccine-deal/

They are going to do it all again. This is the bird flu, probably derived from the 1917 bird flu (not the 1918 influenza one).

It will probably all swing into action again in say March 2025. learn from the past, expect the politicians to do their masters bidding.