IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

You don't find many people who abuse alcohol down the docks selling their ass to a sailor for 10 quid for their next hit, plenty that started on cannabis and moved on to something stronger do...…………….

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

You are more intelligent that that. Stop with that nonsense

Sorry you are right, not one of my better posts.

You should of seen the sailors though, some were really awful, I should have held out for 20 quid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Doesnt seem to have made the news but scotland have announced today that there are only 45 people in the country in hospital being treated for covid. This is down from yesterdays figure of 267 after it was admitted there were people in hospital for other ailments but at some point had tested positive for covid during their stay.

45 people in a country of nearly 6 million. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

Spoke to my friend in St. Helier only last week....

The town & Island is thriving...

How does he know? If it’s just from seeing people out and about in shops, pubs, restaurants etc, well that’s what we have here - views you repeatedly disregard as being irrelevant to the real economy. 

I’m still waiting for someone to explain why adopting Jersey’s testing protocol here will boost our economic outlook. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Guernsey resident planning to sue over draconian restrictions which aren't as bad as ours.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/top-stories/2020/09/14/jersey-leaving-guernsey-behind-in-its-response-to-covid-says-businessman/

Not sure a guy who runs a tyre company is the person to take advice from in a pandemic.

7 hours ago, Neil Down said:

bit of a silly comparison when cannabis is the least dangerous.

I see where you are coming from but I have enjoyed alcohol for many years and apart from the very occasional hangover it has never had any adverse affects on me or my family.

As a young fella I smoked the occasional joint, and have never felt so messed up each time. I soon gave that up. It is dangerous and nasty as far as I am concerned and I am not the only one. Alcohol has severe side effects for many -  socially and physically, but that is not a reason to illegalise it or, legalise some other drug such as cannabis.

(I don't want to get into an argument/debate, just pointing out that in context it is not a silly comparison)

Edited by Barlow

8 minutes ago, Barlow said:

I see where you are coming from but I have enjoyed alcohol for many years and apart from the very occasional hangover it has never had any adverse affects on me or my family.

As a young fella I smoked the occasional joint, and have never felt so messed up each time. I soon gave that up. It is dangerous and nasty as far as I am concerned and I am not the only one. Alcohol has severe side effects for many -  socially and physically, but that is not a reason to illegalise it or, legalise some other drug such as cannabis.

(I don't want to get into an argument/debate, just pointing out that in context it is not a silly comparison)

A sample size of one. Surely a valuable and significant study.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, wrighty said:

How does he know? If it’s just from seeing people out and about in shops, pubs, restaurants etc, well that’s what we have here - views you repeatedly disregard as being irrelevant to the real economy. 

I’m still waiting for someone to explain why adopting Jersey’s testing protocol here will boost our economic outlook. 

Well for a start some more travel would help non governmental airport workers retain jobs, taxi drivers, car rental etc plus allow business travel.plus hotels would benefit.

Its not just Jersey, Guernsey have plans to move to similar model to Jersey.

As an experienced medic perhaps you could explain why there is a greater risk allowing non resident family visiting and isolating with 7 day test than a resident returning and doing the same thing?

in both cases they are staying with family.

52 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

45 people in a country of nearly 6 million. 

It’s hilarious watching the news tonight. They can’t even keep up with the testing now as they’ve spooked so many people with all this bullshit about rising levels and new city lockdowns. Its shambolic - the NHS can’t even cope with testing now never mind the empty beds it has right across the UK from people who aren’t seemingly even ill enough to be hospitalized in this “spiraling” crisis. 

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well for a start some more travel would help non governmental airport workers retain jobs, taxi drivers, car rental etc plus allow business travel.plus hotels would benefit.

Its not just Jersey, Guernsey have plans to move to similar model to Jersey.

As an experienced medic perhaps you could explain why there is a greater risk allowing non resident family visiting and isolating with 7 day test than a resident returning and doing the same thing?

in both cases they are staying with family.

Greater risk comes from the numbers involved and I don't think residents should be doing this either outside of essential travel for things like hospital treatment under the circumstances. It's not going to help them if they have to shut down their entire economies again