IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

22 minutes ago, HeliX said:

A sample size of one. Surely a valuable and significant study.

Well I did say, "and I am not the only  one"

You know full well that cannabis can cause psychological problems. Maybe not for you, but the law isn't designed especially for you and your ilk, is it

Edited by Barlow

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Well I did say, "and I am not the only  one"

You know full well that cannabis can cause psychological problems. Maybe not for you, but the law isn't designed especially for you and your ilk, is it

Nice assumptions.

Alcohol frequently causes psychological problems. This isn't emergent science, cannabis does less harm than alcohol and nicotine.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Greater risk comes from the numbers involved and I don't think residents should be doing this either outside of essential travel for things like hospital treatment under the circumstances. It's not going to help them if they have to shut down their entire economies again

Are you an experienced medic ? And you’re not even answering the question asked!!

2 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Greater risk comes from the numbers involved and I don't think residents should be doing this either outside of essential travel for things like hospital treatment under the circumstances. It's not going to help them if they have to shut down their entire economies again

My family are off to see parents/grandparents in a couple of weeks, not see them for 9 months. Ok people will say use Skype but for people that are used to seeing each other every 6 weeks or so it's not the same. 

They cant wait to go.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Nice assumptions.

Alcohol frequently causes psychological problems. This isn't emergent science, cannabis does less harm than alcohol and nicotine.

Er yes, I think you have not read this part of the thread.

Stop comparing cannabis with alcohol. It makes you look silly.

Cannabis is a headfucker. Not for everyone I agree. But a headfucker it is  for sure.

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Er yes, I think you have not read this part of the thread.

Stop comparing cannabis with alcohol. It makes you look silly.

Cannabis is a headfucker. Not for everyone I agree. But a headfucker it is  for sure.

Alcohol is a headfucker. Not for everyone I agree. But a headfucker it is  for sure.

• Like 1

Looks like Watterson wants us To go to Ireland!! Tynwald question today 

What progress is being made in getting the Isle of Man added to the Irish Green list for travel?
Travellers entering Ireland are currently required to restrict their movements in line with Ireland’s official public health advice. A number of countries are exempt from this and appear on what is known as a Green List.
At the current time, the Isle of Man is not included on the list of these locations and Isle of Man residents travelling to Ireland are therefore required to observe Ireland’s restrictions to movement on arrival.
We understand that the list is reviewed fortnightly based on relevant advice. Officials from the Cabinet Office are engaged with the Irish Government to discuss the Isle of Man’s inclusion in future iterations of the Green List.

26 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Alcohol is a headfucker. Not for everyone I agree. But a headfucker it is  for sure.

Yep. And that is no reason for legalising/decriminalising or whatever yet another headfucker.

48 minutes ago, Banker said:

As an experienced medic perhaps you could explain why there is a greater risk allowing non resident family visiting and isolating with 7 day test than a resident returning and doing the same thing?

in both cases they are staying with family.

Same answer as Lagman, but you dismissed that. If it’s one person, and they follow the rules, then obviously it is irrelevant if they’re a returning resident or a visiting relative. If the rules are ‘bent’ a bit then it’s more likely that locals will be exposed as a resident living alone is less likely to mix than visiting family. 

But the numbers are key. 

31 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

My family are off to see parents/grandparents in a couple of weeks, not see them for 9 months. Ok people will say use Skype but for people that are used to seeing each other every 6 weeks or so it's not the same. 

They cant wait to go.

If they follow the isolation advice, there is no risk of your family inadvertently bringing the virus back to the island. I hope they enjoy themselves, and do not worry about criticism from the more risk averse inward looking people amongst us. 

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Looks like Watterson wants us To go to Ireland!! Tynwald question today 

What progress is being made in getting the Isle of Man added to the Irish Green list for travel?
Travellers entering Ireland are currently required to restrict their movements in line with Ireland’s official public health advice. A number of countries are exempt from this and appear on what is known as a Green List.
At the current time, the Isle of Man is not included on the list of these locations and Isle of Man residents travelling to Ireland are therefore required to observe Ireland’s restrictions to movement on arrival.
We understand that the list is reviewed fortnightly based on relevant advice. Officials from the Cabinet Office are engaged with the Irish Government to discuss the Isle of Man’s inclusion in future iterations of the Green List.

Ireland!!!!!

Ronan Glynn and entire Cabinet restricting movements as Minister for Health gets Covid-19 test

5 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Yep. And that is no reason for legalising/decriminalising or whatever yet another headfucker.

No, but the low amounts of harm, not insignificant amounts of benefit, significant amounts of tax income and removal of a route of income for illegal activities are.

• Like 3