IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, tetchtyke said:

A negative test lets you leave your home, but you can't go to shops (except for food, drink and medicine), you can't go to pubs/cafes/restaurants and you can't use public transport. You can go to work if you're not public facing, so that could be an advantage in terms of not burning through your holiday entitlement. Testing is, I believe, available 7 days a week. If you can work from home and have a big garden it's probably not worth £50.

Work with the agreement of your employer too!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John Wright said:

And I’m just pointing out that free or £50 ( and the two I’ve had to have recently to travel cross border in Europe cost €135 each ) the effect is not worth it for the 4-6 days of continuing restrictions. It’s window dressing.

As for the suggestion it’ll make people in your household feel safer? How so. By the time you’ve spent 7 days together they’ve been exposed and will have to do 14 days isolation if you’re positive. Plus you’ll have to start the 14 days all over again.

But they should not have been spending 7 days together at all. Isolating in a family environment means staying in separate rooms, using the kitchen at different times and same with bathroom unless they have two. No sharing any space and if meeting stay 2 mtr apart. 
( or did I just imagine that those were the terms published )

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Work with the agreement of your employer too!

The new system is deliberately contrived and constituted to put people off using it as an alternative to 14 days self isolation. I was surprised though to see that over 400 people have paid for tests already which shows you that 400 people likely wanted to know whether they have it not just lock themselves up for 14 days because government has decided that’s the cheapest and easiest way to deal with things as it’s resource light in terms of testing and supervision so all our horse tram drivers, heritage site managers and airport workers can stay at home on full pay rather than be drafted in to our frontline coronavirus checking team. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

But they should not have been spending 7 days together at all. Isolating in a family environment means staying in separate rooms, using the kitchen at different times and same with bathroom unless they have two. No sharing any space and if meeting stay 2 mtr apart. 
( or did I just imagine that those were the terms published )

Yes I’m sure that’s happening in all cases , not!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Whatever... I'm still staying

Interesting radio interview with Chris Thomas tonight who was saying he was aware of local businesses losing contracts due to inability to travel and major economic pressures building up locally. Also the lack of any clear advice for the future is serious impact on planning for business.

He was also questioning the data Comin were using & the secrecy over decisions on borders. Apparently Howie is having to publish by Friday the reports he has used.Fair to say he’s not happy with the way things are going.

He also referred to himself as a come over of 20 years!

Edited by Banker

Given that much of the rest of the world is rapidly moving toward another lockdown scenario, most of us will probably welcome the continued caution @Banker.

The UK seems to be in a particular mess - with cases and hospital admissions increasing. Let's be honest - most sensible people will be avoiding that place like the plague unless their visit is urgent.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 5

18 minutes ago, pongo said:

Given that much of the rest of the world is rapidly moving toward another lockdown scenario, most of us will probably welcome the continued caution @Banker.

The UK seems to be in a particular mess - with cases and hospital admissions increasing. Let's be honest - most sensible people will be avoiding that place like the plague unless their visit is urgent.

The failure of the UK to get their house in order is the root problem. If we are expecting them to start behaving sensibly then we are going to be waiting a long time. It's not the end of the world though.

• Like 4