IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

The focus seems to be on using the same bad predictions and data models that massively over-predicted the first infection and hospitalization rates to predict the “second” and cause yet further complete panic. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

The focus seems to be on using the same bad predictions and data models that massively over-predicted the first infection and hospitalization rates to predict the “second” and cause yet further complete panic. 

What a load of mis-informed nonsense.

Bozo is narcissistic and lacks any human empathy. So after being given the options he went for herd immunity because he figured it was the option that did the least damage to the economy. Never mind that it was a leap completely into the dark the moron.

After being told the potential catastrophic fatalities all that changed. But the idiot still locked down too late hence 65k excess deaths.

With a lack of testing capability due to doing no preparation they ended up with no idea at all of the scale of the problem they were facing. Hence the Nightingale hospitals

Germany was doing 500k tests a week back in March FFS! But still Rees-Mogg had to get up on his hind legs and bitch about folks complaining about the shambles that is Bozo's administration.

So no, they are not using "bad predictions" or whatever nonsense you can dream up. A lot has been learned in the last seven to eight months.

Of course, Dominic Cummings destroyed what little faith folks had in Bozo's locking down "reasoning" but the idea that Covid isn't infectious until gone 10 pm is as dumb as the hole in a cows arse....

• Haha 1

The thinking of some people in the UK is that if they get a test that shows they are positive they can Quarantine and then after the 14 days ..be comfortable that they have had it and can get on with life. Problem is that folk are trying to get tested even when they have no symptoms. Worst case for some is to have had it, not be tested. System is clogged with getting tested for the hell of it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

The thinking of some people in the UK is that if they get a test that shows they are positive they can Quarantine and then after the 14 days ..be comfortable that they have had it and can get on with life. Problem is that folk are trying to get tested even when they have no symptoms. Worst case for some is to have had it, not be tested. System is clogged with getting tested for the hell of it.

Correct, lots of idiots scared of everything trying to get tested for no reason.

Theres schools sending classes for testing if one gets symptoms etc 

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Correct, lots of idiots scared of everything trying to get tested for no reason.

Theres schools sending classes for testing if one gets symptoms etc 

Theres schools sending kids home with a snotty nose

I have also read about a couple of schools who have sent the entire year group home because 1 kid has tested positive. 

A bit of perspective 

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1306941274197499904

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

What a load of mis-informed nonsense.

I’m not sure why you claimed my post was nonsense and then go off on some bizarre mad rant about the incompetence of Boris Johnson. I hate Johnson but I think herd immunity while shielding and safeguarding the elderly and vulnerable from day one was the most obvious and best way to deal with this. Now the whole country is fucked as Johnson lost control when he was in hospital and total covid-obsessed loons like some of the Public Health Englanders and Matt Handjob took over and drove the agenda that was all about proving how “hard” you’re going to be to kill covid compared to any other country. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

57 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’m not sure why you claimed my post was nonsense and then go off on some bizarre mad rant about the incompetence of Boris Johnson. I hate Johnson but I think herd immunity while shielding and safeguarding the elderly and vulnerable from day one was the most obvious and best way to deal with this. Now the whole country is fucked as Johnson lost control when he was in hospital and total covid-obsessed loons like some of the Public Health Englanders and Matt Handjob took over and drove the agenda that was all about proving how “hard” you’re going to be to kill covid compared to any other country. 

Where do you get the completely nonsensical idea that herd immunity is the way to go?

You're as stupid as Bozo.

It would seem immunity from infection by Covid-19 is fleeting shall we say.

I was simply rubbishing your totally ridiculous claims about predictions and data models not being driven by seven to eight months of data gathering on Covid.

Have to say the mad rants, like yours above, are misguided, ill-informed nonsense....

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Where do you get the completely nonsensical idea that herd immunity is the way to go?

You're as stupid as Bozo.

You sound like you’ve literally lost it. Ranting and raving in a way that sounds demented. Are you still in the UK and regretting the decision to flee the IOM to rush to covid-central? Are they locking down your town this weekend while we’re all down the pub? Otherwise I’m not sure why you’d be so angry. Herd immunity is one of the few logical ways this will end or burn out. 

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You sound like you’ve literally lost it. Ranting and raving in a way that sounds demented. Are you still in the UK and regretting the decision to flee the IOM to rush to covid-central? Are they locking down your town this weekend? 

Pathetic.

You really are as stupid as Bozo.

How is it you don't know that being infected by Covid-19 only gives you very short term immunity making herd immunity a total non-starter unless driven by an effective vaccine?

Ignorance is bliss eh?

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Pathetic.

You really are as stupid as Bozo.

How is it you don't know that being infected by Covid-19 only gives you very short term immunity making herd immunity a total non-starter unless driven by an effective vaccine?

Ignorance is bliss eh?

You must be having lockdown anxiety. Maybe go for a nice walk to calm down .. if you’re still allowed to wherever you are that is. 

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You must be having lockdown anxiety. Maybe go for a nice walk to calm down .. if you’re still allowed to wherever you are that is. 

How is it you don't know that being infected by Covid-19 only gives you very short term immunity making herd immunity a total non-starter unless driven by an effective vaccine?

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How is it you don't know that being infected by Covid-19 only gives you very short term immunity making herd immunity a total non-starter unless driven by an effective vaccine?

You’re starting an argument in that aggressive and angry way that you do when challenged. I’m in the pub. I’m not being provoked into a pointless argument with you on herd immunity. It’s a perfectly valid theory and will be shown to be the reason why all this eventually burns out. Cheers! I hope you get to stand in your garden soon (as long as there’s less than 7 of you). The cool air might do you some good.