IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

It does appear that the original list of returnees, 400, has been depleted to those who actually applied and has now been fulfilled?

Those further afield, who will be arriving in smaller numbers would be very expensive to use Comis for their isolation and that may be the reason for the change of mind?

Or, possibly the AG has offered some advice on Human Rights!

Did I hear correctly last week that the PAC have been told they cannot question Comin members about Covid? If that is correct, it does seem that Comin want to keep a lid on some info???

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Just watching an interesting article on BBC News about this, specifically the return to schools.

It's being suggested that research is finding that children and the young can be an unaffected vector for covid...they can catch it and carry it, suffer no symptoms themselves but transmit it to others.

There's a lot still to learn about this.

Indeed.

Similarly, I thought I heard on the radio yesterday (admittedly not clearly as I was driving) that some of those involved in the re-occurrence of COVID-19 in South Korea (after the opening of bars and nightclubs in Seoul) are people previously infected with the virus. Which might suggest a lack of or insufficient amount antibodies to fight off re-infection.

I believe that there has been no change to this restriction -

"If you are not self-isolating, you can leave your house to exercise your horse. You are recommended to stay off road and use fields or arenas to exercise. If you do have to ride on the road, you should only travel as short a distance as possible."

Funny, one horse and rider came past on the road yesterday,  and 2 horses with riders today.  Less than 2 metres apart, but I don't suppose horses know about social distancing.

45 minutes ago, monasqueen said:

I believe that there has been no change to this restriction -

"If you are not self-isolating, you can leave your house to exercise your horse. You are recommended to stay off road and use fields or arenas to exercise. If you do have to ride on the road, you should only travel as short a distance as possible."

Funny, one horse and rider came past on the road yesterday,  and 2 horses with riders today.  Less than 2 metres apart, but I don't suppose horses know about social distancing.

But they could be stabled together :whistling:(the horses not the riders)

• Haha 1

Mr Harmer, was trying (and failing miserably) to wax lyrical about our new found love of walking and cycling, sowing the seed regarding losing more road space to cycle lanes, and how we are enjoying the relaxed pace of life with the 40mph limit. Get a grip man, most people have been off work and the weather has been fantastic. Try waxing lyrical whilst cycling to work in front of frustrated commuters in the middle of December in the pouring rain and howling gales. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

Mr Harmer, was trying (and failing miserably) to wax lyrical about our new found love of walking and cycling, sowing the seed regarding losing more road space to cycle lanes, and how we are enjoying the relaxed pace of life with the 40mph limit. Get a grip man, most people have been off work and the weather has been fantastic. Try waxing lyrical whilst cycling to work in front of frustrated commuters in the middle of December in the pouring rain and howling gales. 

You do realise that your skin is waterproof...

• Like 1

I really don't get this push for everyone to take to bicycles on the island. Yes, in places in the UK it is a very popular method of transport but everywhere I have been in the UK that is full of cycles has one thing in common...……………………………………..The town/ city where there are hundreds of bicycles is flat, as a pancake, not like the island and especially not like Douglas that has hills in every direction. Did the gov not think this may be a problem before they went down this cycle path?

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I really don't get this push for everyone to take to bicycles on the island. Yes, in places in the UK it is a very popular method of transport but everywhere I have been in the UK that is full of cycles has one thing in common...……………………………………..The town/ city where there are hundreds of bicycles is flat, as a pancake, not like the island and especially not like Douglas that has hills in every direction. Did the gov not think this may be a problem before they went down this cycle path?

Well at least they didn't try to go up it.

Edited by Manximus Aururaneus
  • Haha 1