IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Now it may be me but I make that a mortality rate of over 10%....

It’s you.

Whoopee though. I’d crack open the scotch. It’s all coming true !!! All those months of spreading irrational fear have built up to this moment ;)

Edited by thesultanofsheight

9 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The Dashboard today shows 394,257 confirmed cases and 41,777 fatalities.

Now it may be me but I make that a mortality rate of over 10%....

It is you, over-simplifying things. 

In the early days, there were far more cases than reported as testing capability was far lower than now. Just go to worldometers, look at the graphs of daily infections and daily deaths. Many countries - USA for example - have a double peak. Try dividing peak deaths by corresponding peak cases. The second peak is a far lower death rate than the first. Because testing is more, and treatment is probably better with nowhere getting overwhelmed (except Brazil, and perhaps India)

Infection fatality rate is calculated to be somewhere between 0.2% and 1.4%. And is very age dependent, with risk of dying from covid doubling every 6 years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It is you, over-simplifying things. 
In the early days, there were far more cases than reported as testing capability was far lower than now. Just go to worldometers, look at the graphs of daily infections and daily deaths. Many countries - USA for example - have a double peak. Try dividing peak deaths by corresponding peak cases. The second peak is a far lower death rate than the first. Because testing is more, and treatment is probably better with nowhere getting overwhelmed (except Brazil, and perhaps India)

Infection fatality rate is calculated to be somewhere between 0.2% and 1.4%. And is very age dependent, with risk of dying from covid doubling every 6 years. 

I'm not over-simplifying anything.

I'm just quoting from the dashboard.

And there's no such thing as "anecdotal evidence"...

11 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm not over-simplifying anything.

I'm just quoting from the dashboard.

And there's no such thing as "anecdotal evidence"...

Fine PK, whatever. So the death rate from covid is over 10% and it’s entirely the fault of serial philanderer totally amoral narcisistic bungling brexiteer bozo and his Eton chums. You’re right - I only wish you’d pointed this out sooner, but I’m convinced now :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Fine PK, whatever. So the death rate from covid is over 10% and it’s entirely the fault of serial philanderer totally amoral narcisistic bungling brexiteer bozo and his Eton chums. You’re right - I only wish you’d pointed this out sooner, but I’m convinced now :rolleyes:

I thought you said you didn't read The Guardian bits where they rightfully point out how completely and utterly useless your right-wing poster boy is...?

I suspect the truth is we'll never really know the true "state of the nation" because of their total lack of proper preparation re testing.

By the way, Hancock didn't make Eton. But he was expensively educated. Unfortunately not in commonsense it would seem...

3 hours ago, finlo said:

I was chatting with someone yesterday who told me there was radio program that stated that the true death count in the UK from Covid was 307 all the rest were people who just happened to have it while actually dieing from an unrelated cause. How true that is I have no idea.

I think that was for deaths under 60 with no pre existing conditions. It's 308 here.

IMG_20200921_002838.jpg

54 minutes ago, wrighty said:

As was once said in Father Ted - "now that's sarcasm" :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

It isn’t for the cars Derek, it is for the freight. You know that thing that keeps the SPCo afloat ?

Tesco alone must be laying £10,000 each day for trailers.

7 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Wow.

See my previous post. I know a bit more than Flinty about freight 

As you’ve proven time and time again Dilli, you know more on most things than everyone. 

7 hours ago, finlo said:

If I was a betting man I'd suggest he witnessed a sailing bereft of trailers?

Two sailings. Watched both being loaded and unloaded and there was very little on them. My point is, with the very low numbers of cars that excess deck space could be filled with trailers and one crossing rather than 2 a day be completed. If I’m not mistaken, didn’t that cabinet office insist that there would be 2 sailings a day even when nobody was sailing for ‘a sense of normality’

turning back to Dilli; 

What would be the carbon saving, and overall tonnage burn in heavy oil on a return sailing to Heysham on the Ben? As a supplementary what would that cost in pound notes? 

I’d ask a shipping expert but it seems pointless seeing as you are on here already.