IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Banker said:

It’s the extreme views on deaths which bear no resemblance to reality, probability is more will die from other causes because of lack of medical care caused by hospitals etc being locked down 

According to PHE between 20-3-20 and 4-9-20 there were 53,318 Excess Deaths in England.

The number attributed to Covid is 49,648.

Which leaves 3,670 Excess Deaths that may or may not be attributable to lack of treatment of ongoing conditions and so forth.

Because it's not an exact science but the best I could find....

42 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

There should be no need to further restrict the borders, just fucking check up on people. How hard can it be? I'll do all of Castletown for them if they want, just give me a list of names, addresses and dates, keep refreshing it each day and I'll go round to everyone a couple of times a day with a clipboard. Get other people doing it in other towns, its not fucking difficult, and its not expensive, and it would be of great reassurance to the general public, which is the most important thing here.

This is the type of thing that happens when you give up drinking. That's why I'm not risking it. They're worse than ex smokers 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

According to PHE between 20-3-20 and 4-9-20 there were 53,318 Excess Deaths in England.

The number attributed to Covid is 49,648.

Which leaves 3,670 Excess Deaths that may or may not be attributable to lack of treatment of ongoing conditions and so forth.

Because it's not an exact science but the best I could find....

But if you read the rider at the bottom of those statistics it says anyone who died of any cause who had a positive test for Covid in last 28 days.

So if you died of cancer, heart attack, dementia , lung disease etc but also had Covid it’s treated as a COVID death when in reality you would have died anyway 

31 minutes ago, Banker said:

So if you died of cancer, heart attack, dementia , lung disease etc but also had Covid it’s treated as a COVID death when in reality you would have died anyway 

To be honest if you tested positive for covid in the last few weeks but then topped yourself or died in a car crash you’d still be an official covid death statistic. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But if you read the rider at the bottom of those statistics it says anyone who died of any cause who had a positive test for Covid in last 28 days.

In reality we all die anyway.....

The only reason I can think of why they would do that is because they think it's highly likely Covid was the most likely cause of them finally expiring.

Why do you think they record them in that way?

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

In reality we all die anyway.....

The only reason I can think of why they would do that is because they think it's highly likely Covid was the most likely cause of them finally expiring.

Why do you think they record them in that way?

There was an article in the i very early on which raised this very issue - if covid was mentioned on the death certificate it was counted as a covid death regardless of any other cause.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Which nicely counters every point you’ve made in this thread. So why are we protecting anyone by creating mass unemployment if that’s the case? 

It counters f-all.

What part of this is it you can't understand?

10 hours ago, P.K. said:

Sure it hits the elderly hardest.

But they have a right to life just like everybody else.

It's also very obvious that the rise in excess deaths are lives cut short by Covid.

You would have to have a total lack of human empathy not to be concerned by that...

Bit of a personal giveaway there....

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

There was an article in the i very early on which raised this very issue - if covid was mentioned on the death certificate it was counted as a covid death regardless of any other cause.

Did the article give a reason why?

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Did you read that article I linked for you yesterday? 

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

The day after we got back we had a call at 19:52 to make sure we were self-isolating.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, was that....

I think that was because they realised it was you and didn't want to take another chance...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1