IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Not sure why SoS and Banker actually stay on the Island. If they don't like the rules, there's always a boat in the morning...

Because I’m Manx fella which is more than you are. When were alternative views not allowed to be discussed on this forum? There’s nothing wrong with discussing flaws in our system or questioning why more testing and tracing isn’t being done with a resultant ability for a few more people to be able to move between here and the UK or elsewhere. I’m not accepting a boat in the morning comment from a frightened come over. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Because I’m Manx fella which is more than you are. When were alternative views not allowed to be discussed on this forum? 

Yours stopped being an alternative view about 300 pages back. Now all you do is regurgitate the same old shite day in, day out.

Being Manx, I'd have thought you would be happy with the way the Island is going about it's daily business whilst keeping its residents relatively safe...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Yours stopped being an alternative view about 300 pages back. Now all you do is regurgitate the same old shite day in, day out.

Being Manx, I'd have thought you would be happy with the way the Island is going about it's daily business whilst keeping its residents relatively safe...

There’s no reason why alternative views should be discussed at all. Seems to me there’s just a lot of frightened idiots on this forum who just like to spread doom and mass hysteria. Particularly worthy of debate is the apparently non existent checking system we have at the moment for anyone self isolating. It isn’t good enough and it isn’t effective enough for a start. You continue deluding yourself that covid won’t come here just because we’ve claimed to shut out the real world when every person caught has been shopped by the public not actually discovered by the people who are supposed to be checking up on them. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There’s no reason why alternative views should be discussed at all. Seems to me there’s just a lot of frightened idiots on this forum who just like to spread doom and mass hysteria. Particularly worthy of debate is the apparently non existent checking system we have at the moment for anyone self isolating. It isn’t good enough and it isn’t effective enough for a start. You continue deluding yourself that covid won’t come here just because we’ve claimed to shut out the real world when every person caught has been shopped by the public not actually discovered by the people who are supposed to be checking up on them. 

Not deluded at all old chum. I am comfortable with the way the government are doing what they believe best for the majority of the island and not just you and your crazy gang

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Banker said:

PHE medical director on sky news saying a lot higher chance of getting flu rather than Covid  this winter so have jab. However we don’t get a running total of flu infections, flu deaths etc and calls to ban everyone to keep flu out!

Yesterday Whitty and Vallance said Covid was more virulent than flu.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Out of the blue said:

Possibly, but I don’t think so. There appear to be several epidemiologist’s who are contesting the 50000 figures this morning, who instead think 10000 is more likely. Whatever the number I personally still think it was it was a cynical attempt to justify the coming restrictions. I lost any faith in Boris and his second rate brexit cabinet early on in this mess, Whitty and Co will be damned by association.

I'm sorry I do not understand the "cynical attempt to justify the coming restrictions"

Cases are rising over large areas of the country. That's a fact. So action needs to be taken.

Of course totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Bozo Johnson will try to blame anyone but himself for the appalling mis-handling of the pandemic. But the SAGE group give their advice and the politicians, with Bozo having the last word, make the decisions.

He wanted the job and unfortunately for us all, especially the bereaved, he got it....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm sorry I do not understand the "cynical attempt to justify the coming restrictions"

Cases are rising over large areas of the country. That's a fact. So action needs to be taken.

Of course totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Bozo Johnson will try to blame anyone but himself for the appalling mis-handling of the pandemic. But the SAGE group give their advice and the politicians, with Bozo having the last word, make the decisions.

He wanted the job and unfortunately for us all, especially the bereaved, he got it....

I agree that Boris is worse than useless, however Whitty and Co have imho allowed themselves to be used to spread political scare propaganda. That graph is one of many scenarios that didn't get highlighted and are just as likely, and it was noticeable that they verbally tried to distance themselves from it, however as I said earlier people will just look at the  coloured lines and the huge numbers, with their faces next to it. There were no bold text disclaimers. They're focus is understandably on reducing health issues above all else, but I think that they are now in danger of losing their credibility in much the same way as Ferguson  has with his 500k deaths prediction.  

The real concern should be when will this madness ever end?

I mean, even a two or four week lockdown is only delaying an inevitable return of the virus.

If they carry on like this there will be nothing left of the UK. Economic ruin & lost generations.

What a time to be alive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

PHE medical director on sky news saying a lot higher chance of getting flu rather than Covid  this winter so have jab. However we don’t get a running total of flu infections, flu deaths etc and calls to ban everyone to keep flu out!

Yes, but if you are following the guidelines for Covid (social distancing, washing hands, etc.), you won't get flu either.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

In the UK tobacco kills over 300 people a day. That’s 13 people an hour. Waiting for government to protect people from that too by putting 1/3 of the working population on the dole. 

Funny, I have never seen "Smoking" as cause of death on a certificate. 

• Like 1

I honestly believe this is going to go full circle and the UK will call time on it all.

The public seem to have had enough of it. There are the simply not the resources in terms of enforcement, policing, testing nor finance to come up with a viable policy to control this thing.

The outcry will become protest and civil disobedience (already happening but press quelling it) then all bets will be off. Rapid spread through the entire populous.

Boris had the chance in March when we restricted entry here on the IOM to do the same. They delayed & dithered & the horse bolted.

They failed epically with their pledges of world leading track & tracing.

We will inevitably have to adopt a Jersey style model to resume normality & mitigate the virus transmission but I'd say we are looking at post Keys election 2021 for this to come in at the earliest. Life is going to be very different starting with Christmas.