IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

3 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Not sure why SoS and Banker actually stay on the Island. If they don't like the rules, there's always a boat in the morning...

Well you’re the come over trying to tell us what to do so it should be you who goes on boat! Have you even got official residency?

Just now, doc.fixit said:

Er. passive smoking killed Roy Castle if I remember correctly....sorry to dis-agree Dilly.

Oh yes, I know that, but I meant the disease caused by smoking could not be passed on, like Covid-19 and flu.

I used to smoke in front of others, but looking back, I may have harmed them. Hate smoke now. Not smoked for almost 20 years.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Out of the blue said:

I agree that Boris is worse than useless, however Whitty and Co have imho allowed themselves to be used to spread political scare propaganda. That graph is one of many scenarios that didn't get highlighted and are just as likely, and it was noticeable that they verbally tried to distance themselves from it, however as I said earlier people will just look at the  coloured lines and the huge numbers, with their faces next to it. There were no bold text disclaimers. They're focus is understandably on reducing health issues above all else, but I think that they are now in danger of losing their credibility in much the same way as Ferguson  has with his 500k deaths prediction.  

I prefer to believe they are astute enough to not get embroiled in the politics. Here's why.

They are very much in the public eye. That includes the vultures of the UK rabid right wing press in thrall to the agenda of the owner. Which is to say pretty much all of it. Which is why you can safely ignore anything by The Sun, Sky, Telegraph, Mail, Express and so forth. They also know that their right wing Brexit poster boy has proved to be amazingly more useless than even those who know him expected.

So if they can spread the blame for the catastrophe he has caused they will. With rubbishing Whitty and Vallance being a good starting point. So you can bet they'll be watching their arses.

With Brexit they'll just blame the EU like they've been doing for years and years and years....

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Someone told me all primary school kids over here are getting a flu vaccine this year, some kind of nasal spray. Is this true? Haven't heard anything from the school.

That's how they vaccinate kiddies. It's a good idea. Cheap too.

Just arm the Nit Nurse with the spray and it's "Job Done" sticker.

They don't have a nit nurse anymore. And I know that a spray is an option. The question is, is it happening? I can't be arsed phoning the school, I don't get on with the mole.

Edit - according to this they are, and I should have got a letter. Guess I'll have to ring up anyway.

https://www.gov.im/categories/health-and-wellbeing/health-advice/vaccinations/childhood-flu/

Edited by TheTeapot

51 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well you’re the come over trying to tell us what to do so it should be you who goes on boat! Have you even got official residency?

A stopover who invests in the island, employs locals and buys local, other than that what do you need to know?

57 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Oh yes, I know that, but I meant the disease caused by smoking could not be passed on, like Covid-19 and flu.

I used to smoke in front of others, but looking back, I may have harmed them. Hate smoke now. Not smoked for almost 20 years.

Beat ya,

I'm 22 years 6 months 2 weeks and 4 days.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There’s no reason why alternative views should be discussed at all. Seems to me there’s just a lot of frightened idiots on this forum who just like to spread doom and mass hysteria...

You've been pushing the same old rote since the outset and quite how a natural fear of this virus amongst the population somehow manifests itself as "doom and mass hysteria" is monumentally over-egging it. Laughable and nothing short of drama-queen hyperbole. You're the one displaying an hysterical agenda, day in day out, same old same old... :lol:

• Like 3