IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

I prefer to believe they are astute enough to not get embroiled in the politics. Here's why.

They are very much in the public eye. That includes the vultures of the UK rabid right wing press in thrall to the agenda of the owner. Which is to say pretty much all of it. Which is why you can safely ignore anything by The Sun, Sky, Telegraph, Mail, Express and so forth. They also know that their right wing Brexit poster boy has proved to be amazingly more useless than even those who know him expected.

So if they can spread the blame for the catastrophe he has caused they will. With rubbishing Whitty and Vallance being a good starting point. So you can bet they'll be watching their arses.

With Brexit they'll just blame the EU like they've been doing for years and years and years....

They might be bright, but are they politically astute. Two very different skills and I would not trust the current tory government. I personally think they have been played.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Well, the mess of the UK continues. Half arsed silliness til spring. Police can call on the military for something. It's all over the place.

Well I suppose it’s difficult trying to balance extreme views with some saying lockdown everything again and others saying no more restrictions.

36 minutes ago, quilp said:

You've been pushing the same old rote since the outset and quite how a natural fear of this virus amongst the population somehow manifests itself as "doom and mass hysteria" is monumentally over-egging it. Laughable and nothing short of drama-queen hyperbole. You're the one displaying an hysterical agenda, day in day out, same old same old... :lol:

You really do seem to be quite furious. I’d be worrying about my blood pressure rather than dying of covid if I were you. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

olice can call on the military for something. It's all over the place.

Probably likely as a good chunk of the UK seems ready to tell Johnson to fuck right off over a second lockdown. They’ve already lost enough already. Troops may well be the only option. Shut people inside their own houses under fear of being shot while they lose everything they’ve worked for. At least they’ll be able to just top themselves quietly without too much of a fuss. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Probably likely as a good chunk of the UK seems ready to tell Johnson to fuck right off over a second lockdown. They’ve already lost enough already. Troops may well be the only option. Shut people inside their own houses under fear of being shot while they lose everything they’ve worked for. At least they’ll be able to just top themselves quietly without too much of a fuss. 

This is why the most important thing is public confidence. Our border restrictions have to stay, there is room to loosen I think, but only if the public believe that what our government is doing is both the right thing, and being done well. I'm not convinced that confidence is there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

This is why the most important thing is public confidence. Our border restrictions have to stay, there is room to loosen I think, but only if the public believe that what our government is doing is both the right thing, and being done well. I'm not convinced that confidence is there.

There isn’t any public confidence - half the country have been so scared to death that they’d consent to just about anything without questioning it. That doesn’t mean they agree. It means that they’re literally shitting themselves about the lies they’ve been fed so much that they will accept poverty and the destruction of their lives as an acceptable trade for not getting a virus that won’t kill them anyway and the other half don’t buy anything any of those lying fuckers say. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There isn’t any public confidence - half the country have been so scared to death that they’d consent to just about anything without questioning it. That doesn’t mean they agree. It means that they’re literally shitting themselves about the lies they’ve been fed so much that they will accept poverty and the destruction of their lives as an acceptable trade for not getting a virus that won’t kill them anyway and the other half don’t buy anything any of those lying fuckers say. 

You forgot to add words like DOOM and HYSTERIA

I consider myself pretty cynical, but man, you're in another league.

Edit - are you ok mann?

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You forgot to add words like DOOM and HYSTERIA

I consider myself pretty cynical, but man, you're in another league.

It is clearly hysteria whichever way you want to dress it up. That’s not to say that people agree with the UK Government it’s to say that a good proportion of them have been scared out of their wits that all logic left the room a long time ago. The UK rules now are proof of this. If Johnson passed a new rule tomorrow that said that all households of over three people had to stand in the corner with a bucket on their heads to protect them from covid half of the daft fuckers would do it without question. That’s not agreement that’s a Pavlovian reaction to psychological trauma. As Sweden has shown us just adopting good hygiene is one of the best ways out of this. Not locking people up. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1