IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, WTF said:

on the assumption that some eateries will get the green light to open but with social distancing which is obviously going to limit capacity, how many will even cover their costs if they open ?

I would imagine quite a few restaurants and pubs will never reopen:(

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I wish the Coop and Shoprite did it.    I am getting great service from the people who do though and will continue to shop with them.

Ramsey co-op does Sid. Move to Ramsey its the way forward:D

https://assets.ctfassets.net/d1oj5ay6114d/5zQKOe9fxKO6iMY0AWCo2M/d3b3252dc445ef6485942021d8acc6bd/Home_Delivery_Stores_Customer_website_Scotland_NI___IOM.pdf

• Like 1

I think Howard has got every confused, in  that most people seem to think everything is back to normal judging by the barbecues and house party's going on around the estates. Government and  private. Been out for a drive in the evenings over the last few days and all is hunky dorry

13 minutes ago, Dirty Buggane said:

I think Howard has got every confused, in  that most people seem to think everything is back to normal judging by the barbecues and house party's going on around the estates. Government and  private. Been out for a drive in the evenings over the last few days and all is hunky dorry

That will be because we're allowed to have people round in the garden now. Although howard Quayle said "only 2 people" and "only from the same household" it seems that bit was guidance only as it is not mentioned in any of the legislation. :)

So that means 

• Regulars
  • team_mf_reg.gif
  • 786 posts
  2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

That will be because we're allowed to have people round in the garden now. Although howard Quayle said "only 2 people" and "only from the same household" it seems that bit was guidance only as it is not mentioned in any of the legislation. :)

So that means two people from the same household decided to visit, but each of them decided to drive 2.5 cars there and leave them over night and get a lift in the morning to pick them up.

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Shops are opening Monday. Where have you been? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southfork said:

Shops are opening Monday. Where have you been? 

Tynwald mills opening or so my wife says, Mx Telecom shop, Sure etc just need a few cafes/bars with outside seating areas e.g. Cat, Horse & Plough, Creek etc

11 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Tynwald mills opening or so my wife says, Mx Telecom shop, Sure etc just need a few cafes/bars with outside seating areas e.g. Cat, Horse & Plough, Creek etc

Rumour has it the Cat is one of them that won't be reopening.

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Rumour has it the Cat is one of them that won't be reopening.

Thought it was popular but not one of my favorites inside as too dark. The Crosby is another with good outside space, don't think it's got long term uses as a Spar as Co-op is opening massive new store across the road.

43 minutes ago, Golfer said:

Thought it was popular but not one of my favorites inside as too dark. The Crosby is another with good outside space, don't think it's got long term uses as a Spar as Co-op is opening massive new store across the road.

There's going to be cars coming in at all directions at that Crosby junction now