IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Exactly, Allinson has already said he will ensure Manx Students get home in the event of any lockdown and no one will be stopped from returning home . 

Sounds a bit rash. I'm sure the students will be ok, but who knows what things are going to be like in 3 months time.

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Why wouldn’t they? Are you sure you read the Guardian and not the Daily Mail? 

Don't you know any youngsters?

They're stupid and they think they're invulnerable.

Why else do you think far and away the most RTA's are caused by young men?

11 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’ve sired several of them. I’m just not sure that you seem to grasp that actually students are quite responsible. Maybe you should stop reading the Daily Mail while you claim to read the Guardian? 

Oh great, Little SOS’s running around...

35 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’ve sired several of them. I’m just not sure that you seem to grasp that actually students are quite responsible. Maybe you should stop reading the Daily Mail while you claim to read the Guardian? 

Pathetic.

Waiting for you to explain how young men cause all those RTA's.

15 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Anyone want to guess what the Fat Controller is going to say in his Presidential Address to the Nation on Thursday?

My guess is "We will be monitoring the situation in the adjacent Isle very carefully" followed by a round of the usual fuckwit questions from our local "journalists"

“After much deliberation we have decided to move back to Level 5 and closed borders. Facebook tells us this is what the Manx people want.

I happened to be driving down Victoria Street on Saturday evening with Ashy on our way to collect two spicy Chicken Wraps from the Victoria Grill, btw has anyone tried their Peri Peri fries - to die for, anyway The Pigeon was chocka. This hard scientific evidence on top of the statistical Facebook data told us all we needed to know.

Has anyone heard I’m fishing for an OBE for my impeccable handling of the crisis? 

Questions, ah Paul ....?”

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Nom de plume said:

“After much deliberation we have decided to move back to Level 5 and closed borders. Facebook tells us this is what the Manx people want.

I happened to be driving down Victoria Street on Saturday evening with Ashy on our way to collect two spicy Chicken Wraps from the Victoria Grill, btw has anyone tried their Peri Peri fries - to die for, anyway The Pigeon was chocka. This hard scientific evidence on top of the statistical Facebook data told us all we needed to know.

Has anyone heard I’m fishing for an OBE for my impeccable handling of the crisis? 

Questions, ah Paul ....?”

More "Paul, could you now read out the questions I gave you"

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Anyone want to guess what the Fat Controller is going to say in his Presidential Address to the Nation on Thursday?

Yep pander to the Facebook idiots, scaremongers, hysteria spreaders and move back to level 5. That’s what the petrified masses want. Or maybe even find a new level where any mention of someone thinking of going to the UK gets someone 6 weeks in prison. Only if your neighbour intercepts your thoughts though and shops you to the 111 line as still no more people employed to actually do any checks in the coronavirus team. That’s for sure. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

I'll be a bit annoyed if they go back to level 5, they've had quite enough time to put a proper working system in place. It was the right approach the first time round and gave the breathing space to plan. If they just revert to it what it shows is that they've done fuck all.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yep pander to the Facebook idiots, scaremongers, hysteria spreaders and move back to level 5. That’s what the petrified masses want. Or maybe even find a new level where any mention of someone thinking of going to the UK gets someone 6 weeks in prison. Only if your neighbour intercepts your thoughts though and shops you to the 111 line as still no more people employed to actually do any checks in the coronavirus team. That’s for sure. 

You are sounding more hysterical today than normal. Have a cup of tea and calm down

• Haha 1

I noted Guernsey have taken ownership of the latest testing hardware in preparation of their move to Level 5C (testing on entry).

It would seem they are still giving serious consideration to moving up the levels despite the problems within the UK.

They will adopt a traffic light system similar to Jersey in which arrivals from certain countries will be allowed unrestricted movement following a negative test on entry (further test on 5 or 7 days).

Perhaps Mr. Quayle will be providing the Manx people with an update on the procurement of such equipment here & their plans for implementation.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1