IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

20 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I note that in the land of milk and honey today they've announced a full mask mandate for all indoor public spaces. 

Well having worn them for a few days over here and in the Ben for 3.5 hours I don’t think they are too bad for short term use.

do I like wearing them, well No . Would I trade easing travel restrictions for wearing masks inside then yes.

as I have said previously we all have different opinions but constant snide remarks from a few on here who are not even from Isle of Man because you don’t agree with them is tiresome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well having worn them for a few days over here and in the Ben for 3.5 hours I don’t think they are too bad for short term use.

do I like wearing them, well No . Would I trade easing travel restrictions for wearing masks inside then yes.

as I have said previously we all have different opinions but constant snide remarks from a few on here who are not even from Isle of Man because you don’t agree with them is tiresome.

You are a sensitive little soul aren't you?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

A resurgence in the Open University perhaps?  In my experience (been to traditional uni and done an OU degree, and recently/currently with children across at uni) the teaching aspects of the OU degree are far better than traditional universities who focus much on research (The former polys may be better at teaching).  What you don't get at the OU is the social side and life experience.  If all that has been killed off by covid, at least for a bit, an OU degree from home for £5000 annual fees (last time I looked) seems much more attractive than £9250 fees across, plus rent, plus travel, plus higher living expenses...

I recently looked at a degree course online with two UK universities, the same fees of £9250. That did include a couple of week long in house sessions but it still seemed a bit overpriced in my opinion. I still haven't done anything about it, I'll never be a neurosurgeon ;) 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I recently looked at a degree course online with two UK universities, the same fees of £9250. That did include a couple of week long in house sessions but it still seemed a bit overpriced in my opinion. I still haven't done anything about it, I'll never be a neurosurgeon ;) 

For that we will be eternally thankful... :flowers:

• Like 1

The way Covid is going, across, they are now well over the rate of infection that should be sending us back into full closure.

The other worry is that having sent a load of students to universities, what did they all do? Have freshers' parties of course. Tantamount to having Covid parties - and they're all getting/spreading infection.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

A resurgence in the Open University perhaps?  In my experience (been to traditional uni and done an OU degree, and recently/currently with children across at uni) the teaching aspects of the OU degree are far better than traditional universities who focus much on research (The former polys may be better at teaching).  What you don't get at the OU is the social side and life experience.  If all that has been killed off by covid, at least for a bit, an OU degree from home for £5000 annual fees (last time I looked) seems much more attractive than £9250 fees across, plus rent, plus travel, plus higher living expenses...

Open University fees are £6192 per year for full-timers now (ie to do the course in three years).  I think the government has been forcing the fees up for many years so as to prevent students taking it as the cheap option.  So on fees you'd only save about a third.  Though as you say they have decades of experience in distance learning and student support that others don't.