IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

It's blatantly clear schools will not running properly until September.  Lunacy.

We will have nurtured many ferel brats by then!  I'm seeing hundreds of kids roaming the streets of late not much home schooling going on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, finlo said:

We will have nurtured many feral brats by then!  I'm seeing hundreds of kids roaming the streets of late not much home schooling going on.

I noted that they were all very young males... for the time being. The parents haven't saw fit to release the girls (yet). Or those whom have been released did not mingle with such unruly brawl.

Eventually, it won't be possible to keep the girls under lockdown indefinitely and restrains will be loosened.

Edited by Debbie

1 hour ago, Debbie said:

Jogging yesterday from Millennium Bridge to Manx Petroleum along the southern Quay.

Packed with male teenagers engaging into practically everything but social distancing; wrestling activities included.

Passing by them, as soon as they had noted me, they were suddenly freezing motor function, visible embarrassment evident in the faces, looking at each other in search of mutual validation of each other’s actions.

The police used to monitor the area with cameras on top of parked vans. No more; for good or bad.

I think that they should be at school; where a basic level of discipline can be enforced.

It’s hardly the worse thing that’s ever happened is it? 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Fear not though.  David Ashford has said you can play football and rugby as long as you socially distance.  Right oh.......

One touch football should hone those skills nicely

43 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Fear not though.  David Ashford has said you can play football and rugby as long as you socially distance.  Right oh.......

To be fair to him, guidelines have been issued for all sports and as far as I know no tackling is allowed.

41 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Has he really? That's nuts.

David was one of those kids at school who always had an excuse not to do Games/PE, so he might not know what rugby actually is.

He actually made a point of saying how pleased he was because rugby is his favourite sport.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits

21 minutes ago, Golfer said:

To be fair to him, guidelines have been issued for all sports and as far as I know no tackling is allowed.

Well given that football and rugby specifically have that as a fundamental part of the sport then it would appear you are not free to play them.

It's a bit like saying boxing is fine as long as you are two metres apart.

Edited by The Dog's Dangly Bits
  • Like 1