IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

40 minutes ago, Banker said:

Howie has a majority with his mates on Comin and not everyone agrees with you.
could say UK cabinet makes decisions as well so why does Boris need more scrutiny?

Howie & ashie need close questioning from Tynwald particularly Thomas

Errrrr because he's a totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar perchance...?

Just a wild stab in the dark there I know.

I mean, the policy of getting the pubs to kick out at 10 pm was positively inspired! Absolutely nothing whatever to do with rabid brexiteer, owner of Wetherspoons and tory donor Tim Martin I'm sure.

What could possibly go wrong....

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Errrrr because he's a totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar perchance...?

I mean, the policy of getting the pubs to kick out at 10 pm was positively inspired! Absolutely nothing whatever to do with rabid brexiteer, owner of Wetherspoons and tory donor Tim Martin I'm sure.

So you think because you agree with Howies policy on borders he should be able to carry on making policy without scrutiny but because you don’t like Johnson he shouldn’t?

26 minutes ago, P.K. said:

It’s a stupid policy, but where’s the logic in suggesting it was the ‘spoons owner’s idea? Why would he want to shut his pubs so his customers get tinnies from Tesco instead?

34 minutes ago, P.K. said:

More fake news from PK , Tim Martin is absolutely livid about pubs closing at 10 !!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1338535/Wetherspoon-pub-Tim-Martin-job-cuts-curfew-closing-coronavirus-latest-rules-covid19/amp

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Banker said:

So you think because you agree with Howies policy on borders he should be able to carry on making policy without scrutiny but because you don’t like Johnson he shouldn’t?

Well, let's look at the history.

Bozo opted for the totally unproven herd immunity for the UK because it was the do-nothing option which is always his first choice. This meant the lockdown came later than it could have which cost at least hundreds if not thousands of unnecessary deaths. During the months after the virus started spreading out of China Bozo et al did no prep at all as far as I can tell. This resulted in a testing capacity so meagre all they could test for were folks being admitted to hospital ie when you've already lost that particular battle.

It should also be remembered that after a decade of "austerity" the capability of the NHS had slid down the EU table to second from bottom. For the sixth largest economy on the planet? Something very wrong somewhere.

The lack of prep also meant a lack of PPE. It seems they didn't have the nous to figure out that in a global pandemic your international suppliers are unlikely to put UK citizens above their own.

They also failed to stress test the supply, demand and provision of PPE. Getting it to the point of need was failing so in the end they had to call on British Army Logistics to do it for them. Unbelievable this wasn't factored in from the start. Anyway lack of PPE meant a lot of key workers self-isolating and also dying from the virus.

They made it a policy to move covid patients on the mend as it were to care homes to free up much-needed hospital resources. Unfortunately no-one mentioned testing the patients first. So the virus got into care homes and the results were brutal. Especially as care homes were also suffering from a lack of PPE.

With a lack of testing capability they had no way of knowing what inroads the virus had made into the population at large. So they spent £millions building Nightingale Hospitals that pretty much went unused.

In other words the handling of the pandemic by Bozo et al was a litany of disaster.

Let's see how Mr Quayle got on.

Cleared the hospital decks for action.

Had a testing capability from somewhere.

Closed the borders.

16 minutes ago, wrighty said:

It’s a stupid policy, but where’s the logic in suggesting it was the ‘spoons owner’s idea? Why would he want to shut his pubs so his customers get tinnies from Tesco instead?

I just threw that in for a laugh!

The policy is totally stupid and nothing Bozo is doing atm is going to slow or stop the spread of the virus. Well, not imho anyway. 

How many weeks before the upsurge in cases translates into deaths?

ETA if they were serious about it they would close the pubs, restaurants etc

Edited by P.K.

21 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Possibly because his core customers start drinking at 10am?  By 10pm he'll have emptied their pockets.

(Yes I know it's a bit of a caricature of Wetherspoons, but there's a reason they open for breakfasts).

Actually of course he may be complaining but the current ridiculous situation is a lot better for him than them being shut completely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Possibly because his core customers start drinking at 10am?  By 10pm he'll have emptied their pockets.

(Yes I know it's a bit of a caricature of Wetherspoons, but there's a reason they open for breakfasts).

Actually of course he may be complaining but the current ridiculous situation is a lot better for him than them being shut completely.

Lots of his knockers wish that they had his ability to fill just about every table in his pubs more or less every hour of every day. I go in one as often as I can for a meal and a pint. Bloody great value.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Well, let's look at the history.

Bozo opted for the totally unproven herd immunity for the UK because it was the do-nothing option which is always his first choice. This meant the lockdown came later than it could have which cost at least hundreds if not thousands of unnecessary deaths. During the months after the virus started spreading out of China Bozo et al did no prep at all as far as I can tell. This resulted in a testing capacity so meagre all they could test for were folks being admitted to hospital ie when you've already lost that particular battle.

It should also be remembered that after a decade of "austerity" the capability of the NHS had slid down the EU table to second from bottom. For the sixth largest economy on the planet? Something very wrong somewhere.

The lack of prep also meant a lack of PPE. It seems they didn't have the nous to figure out that in a global pandemic your international suppliers are unlikely to put UK citizens above their own.

They also failed to stress test the supply, demand and provision of PPE. Getting it to the point of need was failing so in the end they had to call on British Army Logistics to do it for them. Unbelievable this wasn't factored in from the start. Anyway lack of PPE meant a lot of key workers self-isolating and also dying from the virus.

They made it a policy to move covid patients on the mend as it were to care homes to free up much-needed hospital resources. Unfortunately no-one mentioned testing the patients first. So the virus got into care homes and the results were brutal. Especially as care homes were also suffering from a lack of PPE.

With a lack of testing capability they had no way of knowing what inroads the virus had made into the population at large. So they spent £millions building Nightingale Hospitals that pretty much went unused.

In other words the handling of the pandemic by Bozo et al was a litany of disaster.

Let's see how Mr Quayle got on.

Cleared the hospital decks for action.

Had a testing capability from somewhere.

Closed the borders.

You didn’t answer question which was do you think Howies decisions shouldn’t be subject to Tynwald scrutiny because you agree with them, if so you must be Ashy!

Edited by Banker

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

You didn’t answer question which was do you think Howies decisions shouldn’t be subject to Tynwald scrutiny because you agree with them, if so you must be Ashy!

Talk about selective! Only what suits your agenda as per eh?

This was your question:

1 hour ago, Banker said:

The "policy" is not exactly rocket science now is it?

Bozo has made catastrophically bad decisions and these pathetic "special measures" are up there with the rest of them.

Chalk and cheese...

• Confused 2

I think we have to acknowledge that our main advantage has been our size and our ability to close the borders. 

After watching the ITN News tonight,  I truly believe enough is enough now.  There has to be an open and honest debate in the UK, avoiding scare tactics and taking a pragmatic position.  All that lockdown measures are doing is widespread harm and not eradicating the virus.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I think we have to acknowledge that our main advantage has been our size and our ability to close the borders. 

After watching the ITN News tonight,  I truly believe enough is enough now.  There has to be an open and honest debate in the UK, avoiding scare tactics and taking a pragmatic position.  All that lockdown measures are doing is widespread harm and not eradicating the virus.

It really is all over the place. There isn’t much that is making a lot of sense in any of the plan. Four nations all doing their own things, further fractured at a county and parish level. A real need to take a knee in the military sense of the phrase, refocus, and go again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Which is why the decision making processes have to be taken away from the Bozo/Cummings etc cabal and given back to the HoC.

I believe the debate & vote is Thursday.

Effective lockdown measures did a great deal to get rid of the virus from large parts of the UK.

Something the anti-lockdown brigade prefer to ignore. Can't imagine why...

• Like 1