IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Possibly because his core customers start drinking at 10am?  By 10pm he'll have emptied their pockets.

(Yes I know it's a bit of a caricature of Wetherspoons, but there's a reason they open for breakfasts).

Actually of course he may be complaining but the current ridiculous situation is a lot better for him than them being shut completely.

I agree with that. His preferred customers seem to be the ones who like a large vodka with their sausage egg and beans at 10am in the morning. I wonder why Dilli is sticking up for his business model so much? 

1 minute ago, Derek Flint said:

It really is all over the place. There isn’t much that is making a lot of sense in any of the plan. Four nations all doing their own things, further fractured at a county and parish level. A real need to take a knee in the military sense of the phrase, refocus, and go again. 

Looks to me like a total lack of coherent leadership.

I wonder if Bozo knows what the word means...?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Talk about selective! Only what suits your agenda as per eh?

This was your question:

The "policy" is not exactly rocket science now is it?

Bozo has made catastrophically bad decisions and these pathetic "special measures" are up there with the rest of them.

Chalk and cheese...

Still no answer so we can assume because you blindly follow Howie you don’t think his decisions need any scrutiny!

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Which is why the decision making processes have to be taken away from the Bozo/Cummings etc cabal and given back to the HoC.

I believe the debate & vote is Thursday.

Effective lockdown measures did a great deal to get rid of the virus from large parts of the UK.

Something the anti-lockdown brigade prefer to ignore. Can't imagine why...

Effective lockdown SUPPRESSED the virus it did not get rid of it, while causing such economic harm that every measure now is an ill-thought out panic to try and minimise further economic harm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Effective lockdown SUPPRESSED the virus it did not get rid of it, while causing such economic harm that every measure now is an ill-thought out panic to try and minimise further economic harm. 

So you think Bozo is as useless as I do.

Welcome to Reality Land!

39 minutes ago, Banker said:

Still no answer so we can assume because you blindly follow Howie you don’t think his decisions need any scrutiny!

I pointed out as clearly as I could that the decisions to be taken for the benefit of the island by Howard & cronies are extremely simple compared to the horlicks that Bozo made of the UK..

Not my fault that the concept totally eludes you....

This may help you. It's the famous Problem Solving Algorithm by Feynman. It has three stages:

1. Write down the problem.

2. Think VERY hard.

3. Write down the answer.

Happy To Help.....

Edited by P.K.
Typo
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I pointed out as clearly as I could that the decisions to be taken for the benefit of the island by Howard & cronies are extremely simple compared to the horlicks that Bozo made of the UK..

Not my fault that the concept totally eludes you....

This may help you. It's the famous Problem Solving Algorithm by Feynman. It has three stages:

1. Write down the problem.

2. Think VERY hard.

3. Write down the answer.

Happy To Help.....

Listen carefully, Howie makes decisions without scrutiny exactly the same as Boris.

Because you think Howie is great you don’t see a problem with no scrutiny, others including MHKS don’t think his decisions are great so we want scrutiny.

Simple just go back to trolling someone else 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, P.K. said:

So you think Bozo is as useless as I do.

Welcome to Reality Land!

From day 1, I have been worried that the cure is more harmful than the disease.  I did not agree with lockdown, but at the time, there seemed no other choice.  Thoughout this, I have tried to listen to those who have the knowledge and understanding of what disease, epidemics and stats all mean.  On here, invariably that is Wrighty.  The Reality Land of which you speak, is where I have always been.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, Banker said:

Listen carefully, Howie makes decisions without scrutiny exactly the same as Boris.

Because you think Howie is great you don’t see a problem with no scrutiny, others including MHKS don’t think his decisions are great so we want scrutiny.

I don't think Mr Quayle is "great" at all.

Your words, not mine.

As far as I'm concerned he can't even get dressed correctly! I did post up some pointers for him and the others but it seems they still couldn't get it right.

But he did do the few simple things that have made the island a nice place to be right now and that can't be taken away from him.

Must go, island bomb factory on the telly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

From day 1, I have been worried that the cure is more harmful than the disease.  I did not agree with lockdown, but at the time, there seemed no other choice.  Thoughout this, I have tried to listen to those who have the knowledge and understanding of what disease, epidemics and stats all mean.  On here, invariably that is Wrighty.  The Reality Land of which you speak, is where I have always been.

Then you'll be interested in my post in the "International" section.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Just wait until the pretty inevitable situation in the IOM of the first case of community transmission. There will be a complete public meltdown followed by a stampede back behind closed doors. It’s encouraging to know that right from the start here Quayle, Ashford, and the rest have been really clear on the likelihood of COVID-19 returning because they know the reality of the situation. But the penny hasn’t dropped for most people even if they heard them say that. That’s because the main government PR focus has been on building the false illusion of the magic bubble that’s protecting us all so that people who don’t want to ask too many questions feel artificially safe - without appearing to improve a lot of the substance that needs to exist behind it all.  Which is why myself and many others believe that we should have used the last few months to visibly improve testing and tracing and to man up to provide more feet on the ground to do more home based inspections and checks on self isolators and to be more proactive in many areas relating to policing returnees. And to fully engage the public in that process and convince them it’s the right way to go. But you get the strong impression that we have not done that in favour of simply creating a network of public informers who just snitch on people and that when the inevitable comes (it will most certainly happen) it will be like a Hollywood disaster movie when the psychological impact hits. The public will be in a complete collective psychological tailspin and there will be another scrabble to deal with the fallout then rather than have tooled up to deal with it in advance. The Jersey system seems to acknowledge that managing the virus is part of the long term process of getting back to normal and of open public engagement in understanding the real science and control measures involved in effectively managing the risks and the needs of the economy. Whereas here we seem to believe that it’s magically gone away purely because of a largely unpoliced system of public informers and because we throw loads of people in prison. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Banker said:

Seems to be the trend, anybody that disagrees with you is a friend of Howard Quayle, how bizarre...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1