IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

Folks in Guernsey & Jersey associate themselves with the UK much more closely than we do I think

I think it’s the opposite. After all the UK did sell them out in WW2. There is not much affinity with Westminster down there from what I have ever seen. 

1 hour ago, Donald Trumps said:

That's really what I think

Comrade Mezec did an excellent Facebook live session the other day & even he - a bit of a reb if ever there was one - referred to himself as British & to their closeness with Britain

A Manx person would never do that unless they were in the US or some other centre of universal ignorance

Isle of Man people are British citizens. They are British. Just as much as Yorkshire or Cornwall people.

Though many would argue that Yorkshire should be a separate country.

6 hours ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

No one is paying ANY attention to that guidance. 

You're right and when everyone goes to hairdresser from 1/06 most will be inside for far longer than 15 minutes so how does that work?

Well 15 minutes is just nonsense made up guidance.  It's a bit like saying 14 minutes is better and 16 minutes is worse.  It is just  very obvious I suppose that the longer you spend in a confined space the greater the chance of picking up something from someone.

Hairdressers, beauryty therapists, dentists etc will be expected to wear face masks I assume.  

Painful really.

3 hours ago, Golfer said:

You're right and when everyone goes to hairdresser from 1/06 most will be inside for far longer than 15 minutes so how does that work?

The problem is we are well into the realms of completely pointless unenforceable rules now so that governments can still pretend that they are doing something to protect us because they have scared so many idiots into mass hysteria about dying if they even dare to move outside of their houses that they can’t just say “get on with it”. What gets me is that someone can work in a salon for 8 hours a day and that’s fine. But a customer can’t spend more than 15 minutes there. It’s completely pointless. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Southfork said:

I think it’s the opposite. After all the UK did sell them out in WW2. There is not much affinity with Westminster down there from what I have ever seen. 

Donald is right. Perhaps because of the German occupation, there’s a much greater affinity for the Union Flag in the Channel Islands than there is here. There’s nothing they love more than to see their Lieutenant Governor decked out in his finery with his big feather covered hat; they’re genuinely thrilled by that. If our lad did it other than on Tynwald day I suspect he’d be egged. I know (and have known) many Channel Islanders, including those in senior roles; there’s no resentment at the UK over matters pertaining to WW2. They are quite definitely very keen to embrace their relationship with the UK in a much deeper and more evident way that the Manx.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Uhtred said:

Donald is right. Perhaps because of the German occupation, there’s a much greater affinity for the Union Flag in the Channel Islands than there is here. There’s nothing they love more than to see their Lieutenant Governor decked out in his finery with his big feather covered hat; they’re genuinely thrilled by that. If our lad did it other than on Tynwald day I suspect he’d be egged. I know (and have known) many Channel Islanders, including those in senior roles; there’s no resentment at the UK over matters pertaining to WW2. They are quite definitely very keen to embrace their relationship with the UK in a much deeper and more evident way that the Manx.

That’s so untrue in my experience. 

14 minutes ago, Southfork said:

The problem is we are well into the realms of completely pointless unenforceable rules now so that governments can still pretend that they are doing something to protect us because they have scared so many idiots into mass hysteria about dying if they even dare to move outside of their houses that they can’t just say “get on with it”. What gets me is that someone can work in a salon for 8 hours a day and that’s fine. But a customer can’t spend more than 15 minutes there. It’s completely pointless. 

Well you can spend as long as you want.  The 15 minutes is guidance.  And pointless.

17 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I Spent a fortnight on Jersey, in one weekend.

Edited by Ďouglas Peel
Stupidity
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

They probably have more affinity with the Uk because their alternative is to be French.

• Haha 2