IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Actually the test on arrival is the one with the zero logic:

Desperate PR must be the only reason they're testing on arrival...

Its only zero logic if you are hell bent on keep us "covid free".  Jersey are weighing up the pros and cons and accepting a small number of cases in the community that they then (successfully) contain and deal with.  This allows their residents far more freedom than we have.

Zero logic is thinking we can live in a bubble for years at the expense of everything else.

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Again, not sure what planet you live on.  I am self employed, other than over lockdown when I used the time to build a new website, restructure a few things and do some admin (and garden, and drink) I haven't had seven straight days off since 2003 - never mind nearly three weeks,

Which is your choice.

And by the way not my fault...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Its only zero logic if you are hell bent on keep us "covid free".  Jersey are weighing up the pros and cons and accepting a small number of cases in the community that they then (successfully) contain and deal with.  This allows their residents far more freedom than we have.

Zero logic is thinking we can live in a bubble for years at the expense of everything else.

So you concede that testing on arrival is simply window dressing and introducing an unnecessary risk factor?

• Haha 2

Just now, P.K. said:

So you concede that testing on arrival is simply window dressing and introducing an unnecessary risk factor?

Pretty sure he's suggesting that testing on arrival is the best option to minimize the necessary risk of letting people get on with their lives.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Which is your choice.

And by the way not my fault...

Yes, its a life decision I made and it suits me perfectly.  Until such time as the freedom to travel to and from the UK is removed.

Yes there is a global pandemic, so as a short term solution it was acceptable.   To still be locked in (because of my life choices, and being young enough that I still have to work amongst other considerations) is not acceptable.  Especially with no communication to the public of what needs to happen for those restrictions to be lifted.

It's useless governance.  Jerseys approach is much better and I haven't heard anyone explain why we aren't doing the same or even what our plan is? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Do you think our governments aim was to make us Covid free?  I am not convinced this has panned out like they planned it to.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Pretty sure he's suggesting that testing on arrival is the best option to minimize the necessary risk of letting people get on with their lives.

Testing on arrival is a waste of space.

You may as well not bother.

Personally I prefer a process designed around the realities of the situation rather than one designed to maintain a subterfuge giving a completely false sense of security.

Only a moron would actually want that...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Testing on arrival is a waste of space.

You may as well not bother.

Personally I prefer a process designed around the realities of the situation rather than one designed to maintain a subterfuge giving a completely false sense of security.

Only a moron would actually want that...

So.  What's your suggestion for slowly getting us back to normal, stopping businesses relocating and minimising (not eliminating, that's unrealistic) Covid 19?  It needs to be managed (like they are in Jersey) with a clear plan of what changes at certain trigger points.  Keeping it out forever was never in the plan and now we are in an insane situation where our public are so scared that no-one is brave enough to do the sensible thing and put measures in place that introduce a small but manageable risk in order to allow life to continue properly.

As an Island we are in a hugely favourable situation.  We should be all over the tech available to manage any infections that arrive on island immediately and take the necessary actions while allowing a proper level of freedom for people to travel to properly risk assessed locations.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Do you think our governments aim was to make us Covid free?  I am not convinced this has panned out like they planned it to.

Don’t let the troll get under your skin he has no ideas except keeping everything shut whilst the economy goes down the pan

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Not at first, just to protect the health service and vulnerable,  but it does seem to have morphed into covid-free.  There must have been quite some kudos felt as we exceeded 100 days covid-free, the those pesky kids (ie travellers) ruined it!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, trmpton said:

What planet do you live on?  How can self employed people just stop working for a couple of weeks in order to visit family?

The same way they can when they go on their hols.

BTW Great news that the borders remain closed to non-residents. Top job lads. We can all go to work, pub, restaurant, shops etc free of restrictions. Freedom tastes good.:D

Edited by piebaps
To troll the haters
  • Like 1