IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm not sure that sniping is a good idea, but that aside....

My point is that if as a government you have decisions to make if you had to take into account every faction, lobby group etc into account you would NEVER make a decision..

But you still object to the Brexit outcome ..  

Edited by thesultanofsheight

4 minutes ago, P.K. said:

My point is that if as a government you have decisions to make if you had to take into account every faction, lobby group etc into account you would NEVER make a decision.

One size fits all is a great concept but when it's XXXL legislation it will fail the practicality test.

I asked for reasons why the borders should be opened and all I got back was nothing concrete in a financial sense but just that it doesn't suit certain particular personal circumstances.

If you can do better then fire away...

Have you got anything concrete in a financial sense, or a human well-being sense, or a common sense sense, as to why the borders should remain closed?

Obviously there is no concrete evidence financially yet as the nightmare hasn’t really planned out yet.

The nearest we have is word on the street and unemployment figures plus an idea of how much government have paid out over the last few months to keep things ticking over.

So you think everything is better than it would be if we adopted the same model as Jersey regarding borders?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, P.K. said:

My point is that if as a government you have decisions to make if you had to take into account every faction, lobby group etc into account you would NEVER make a decision.

One size fits all is a great concept but when it's XXXL legislation it will fail the practicality test.

I asked for reasons why the borders should be opened and all I got back was nothing concrete in a financial sense but just that it doesn't suit certain particular personal circumstances.

Says the chief sniper!!

The Government are taking into account only one faction the older, good pension, keep the borders closed brigade of which you are a cheer leader.

the younger workers who have family in UK are being ignored and let’s see what unemployment is in 3 months 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

To be frank, PK, you have done nothing but snipe, harange and hector throughout this debate. People have tried to explain their position,  but your response are always dismissive (see your last comment above) and demanding, yes, DEMANDING, a reply to some impossible question or 'facts'.   Yet you don't reply to questions.

You have to understand that people have real concerns about how this is going to pan out, you have your concerns, but allow others to voice theirs without putting them through some kind of interrogatory pummelling. 

In reply to the thrust of your reply above, the best legislation is the one that meets most people's legitimate objectives and is one that most people will say 'that's fair enough overall, not exactly what I want, but I can live with it'.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

The Government are being sensible something you would have no conception of and young people are as much against the borders being opened further as any other age group, they want their children to be able to attend school and enjoy a normal childhood not get locked down again a possibility if you and your friends have their way.  Appreciate what we have got and stop whining like an irritating child who is not getting it’s own way.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The 'key worker' thing is a good initiative.

It is just that these people, like many 100s, nay 1000s....nah let's say millions, before them must think the Isle of Man is a bit like the Isle of Wight, you know, where the clown prince Boris is Prime Minister and Cummings is fall guy who keeps bouncing back in the background. I wouldn't pay much homage or notice to them either.

The key worker strategy is a start to opening up our borders and trying to gain as much normality as possible. It is a way to exist under the conditions of a pandemic. It must be taken seriously and mustn't fail. 

We got it pretty good just now. Let's not argue ourselves into becoming a county of the somewhat Covid-19 shambolic UK just yet.

3 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The Government are being sensible something you would have no conception of and young people are as much against the borders being opened further as any other age group, they want their children to be able to attend school and enjoy a normal childhood not get locked down again a possibility if you and your friends have their way.  Appreciate what we have got and stop whining like an irritating child who is not getting it’s own way.

Watch out PKs tag partner is in ring for more sniping at those who disagree with him & his mate 

8 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Are Jersey’s government not being sensible?

What is the downside to their approach over the one here which is killing businesses and making people want to move away from our lovely island?

31 minutes ago, Barlow said:

The 'key worker' thing is a good initiative.

It is just that these people, like many 100s, nay 1000s....nah let's say millions, before them must think the Isle of Man is a bit like the Isle of Wight, you know, where the clown prince Boris is Prime Minister and Cummings is fall guy who keeps bouncing back in the background. I wouldn't pay much homage or notice to them either.

The key worker strategy is a start to opening up our borders and trying to gain as much normality as possible. It is a way to exist under the conditions of a pandemic. It must be taken seriously and mustn't fail. 

We got it pretty good just now. Let's not argue ourselves into becoming a county of the somewhat Covid-19 shambolic UK just yet.

I agree about the key worker concept, just not so sure about locking them up rather than just deporting them.

Weren't the welders due to return to the UK today?  But are now in Jurby, have to say that looks pretty shit, and could be causing real hardship and certainly worry for their families.  Wouldn't it have been better to send them back on the boat with a fine or suspended sentence? It is not as though they were out in the pub, without masks getting bladdered, is it? 

27 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Are Jersey’s government not being sensible?

What is the downside to their approach over the one here which is killing businesses and making people want to move away from our lovely island?

Where are they going to move to? Where?

There are apparently plenty wanting to move here because of our situation. Do a house swap.

Just now, Gladys said:

Wouldn't it have been better to send them back on the boat with a fine or suspended sentence? It is not as though they were out in the pub, without masks getting bladdered, is it? 

Maybe they had been in the bar of the boat getting bladdered. That's where I would be.

The Empress has a great bar of course, not sure about the Ellan Vannin. I know Jurby doesn't have a bar, plenty of drugs though apparently.