IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

4 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Where are they going to move to? Where?

There are apparently plenty wanting to move here because of our situation. Do a house swap.

Anywhere they can go and visit people/family/business contacts without having to take weeks off work or away for their family.

There really aren’t loads of people moving here.  That’s an urban myth. 

There are a few but they are nearly all old retired people who contribute nothing.

7 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Anywhere they can go and visit people/family/business contacts without having to take weeks off work or away for their family. [the land of the free?Huh!  I think you are being too introspective here. You're not that lass from Ramsey are you, that got a petition going. 200 signatures won't change anything]

There really aren’t loads of people moving here.  That’s an urban myth. [I didn't say boatloads, but I would think as many as want to leave would want to be here]

Edited by Barlow

9 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Maybe they had been in the bar of the boat getting bladdered. That's where I would be.

The Empress has a great bar of course, not sure about the Ellan Vannin. I know Jurby doesn't have a bar, plenty of drugs though apparently.

The bars are closed on boat, no alcohol!

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Anywhere they can go and visit people/family/business contacts without having to take weeks off work or away for their family.

There really aren’t loads of people moving here.  That’s an urban myth. 

There are a few but they are nearly all old retired people who contribute nothing.

I know of three lot's of people who have moved away in the last few weeks, not saying it's because of the restrictions but never the less they've gone!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

I know of three lot's of people who have moved away in the last few weeks, not saying it's because of the restrictions but never the less they've gone!

All the whingers on here saying we should lift the border closures should also avail themselves of the opportunity to go

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Well keep in touch with them Get yourself a test of what it is like to live in UK just now.

If they could, there are many people would move here as soon as possible.

I was speaking to someone yesterday who has been trying for ages to move back here and even though they already have a house here it was a struggle. We were chatting in a  busy pub as it happens, they said the freedom of being able to move about, go shopping etc without worrying if you were doing the right thing is bliss.

I wish people would realise what freedoms we have here just now. Chrissake, just read the national papers watch some TV.

Or just go to your dreamsville UK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Well keep in touch with them Get yourself a test of what it is like to live in UK just now.

If they could, there are many people would move here as soon as possible.

I was speaking to someone yesterday who has been trying for ages to move back here and even though they already have a house here it was a struggle. We were chatting in a  busy pub as it happens, they said the freedom of being able to move about, go shopping etc without worrying if you were doing the right thing is bliss.

I wish people would realise what freedoms we have here just now. Chrissake, just read the national papers watch some TV.

Or just go to your dreamsville UK.

Did I say the UK was dreamsville? One lot have gone much further afield.