IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

23 minutes ago, Lagman said:

A - Who cares what people from across think?

B - Compare here to there, if you hadn't noticed those insular Roston Vassey type places have seemingly handled the virus pretty well and across is teeming with it becuase morons won't seem to isolate.

Well I suppose there’s something allegorical there as I certainly don’t care what you think. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banker said:

No , returned Sunday at 10pm which counts Day 1, today is day 7 and test at 12.00 so it’s not 7 days in between but day 7 .

So if you had arrived in Guernsey from U.K. you would have not qualified for the 7 day test. IOM less stringent that Guernsey... that’s a first.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

So if you had arrived in Guernsey from U.K. you would have not qualified for the 7 day test. IOM less stringent that Guernsey... that’s a first.

The point is though that as a non resident (non key worker) you can still at least go to Guernsey if you want regardless of the quarantine period moving. We don’t even want people who were born and schooled here coming back to visit family. I’ve heard of so many turned down just because they’ve been away for a year or two. It’s changed a lot of Manx peoples views about their homeland and will impact long term. Oh land of my birth ... except when there’s covid and then you can just piss off because we’re so busy managing the collective paranoia of residents. Many of whom moved here from the UK. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

6 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

We don’t even want people who were born and schooled here coming back to visit family. I’ve heard of so many turned down just because they’ve been away for a year or two.

Pity this wasn't one of them. -

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/man-who-visited-gps-surgery-while-self-isolating-jailed/

3 minutes ago, Lagman said:

Didn't they get that chance before we had the lockdown?

No they didn’t. I assume you were probably in your nuclear bunker wearing a hazmat suit by then and missed it, but there was very little time to arrange getting home. If, especially, like this guy you lived in Thailand. The people I refer to are also seeking to see sick relatives, friends, and support parents not stay long term. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Seems to be 1 new case according to Iom Covid website but nothing on news and it’s not me!

I think there’s a reasonable chance of limited community transmission behind the last announcement. Nothing to be concerned about. But the way the announcement was worded suggested to me that track and trace hadn’t finalized assessing the risks/contacts. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

I think there’s a reasonable chance of limited community transmission behind the last announcement. Nothing to be concerned about. But the way the announcement was worded suggested to me that track and trace hadn’t finalized the contacts. 

News release says recently traveled to island so not sure its connected. 

• Like 1