IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 hours ago, Banker said:

Also had confirmation from a friend who was doing a prison visit next week that all cancelled due to 2 weeks lockdown.

serves them right for jailing someone for buying a sandwich, if they’d just deported them then none of this would have happened. Karma like Trump!

And yet you want to open the borders?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

How about an IOMG test centre in Heysham?  Or IOMG contract a private health facility near each of the departure points?

Which IOMG would have to pay for.

Which then raises the question "WHY?"

9 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

Really paints us as a forward thinking & modern jurisdiction.

Well done Howard & those medical experts.

Like the UK? - IOM free from covid for months + a few cases since people were allowed to travel again - Outside of Abbotswood we only had like 5 deaths. U.K. - one of the worst places in the world for deaths, basically a leper colony - "forward & modern".

10 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Just google it.  John even posted up thread about his recent travels and how he has had to provide proof of a recent test for some countries on entry.

What matters is simply would such a system be acceptable to IOMG?

If it ain't broke....

Especially if it costs money!

5 hours ago, trmpton said:

it’s pretty backward.  People calling for boycotts of the island, key workers to leave us to it etc.

Bit of a pr nightmare really 

"backward" covid free for months - UK - leper colony - mass infections.

I'm ok if we don't run the risk of "essential" MER workers for a while.

5 hours ago, pongo said:

Everyone I speak to is jealous of how well the Isle of Man has handled things.

I wouldn't worry about "the comments" in anything you read. It's nobodies and morons.

He's obviously only reading lefty comments.

5 hours ago, trmpton said:

If you were a business owner who read this and was then asked to send workers here would you do it having read about this?  I wouldn’t.  Bet these blokes end up suing their employer

Would you send them to the UK from another country at the moment with their infection rate?

5 minutes ago, Lagman said:

"backward" covid free for months - UK - leper colony - mass infections.

I'm ok if we don't run the risk of "essential" MER workers for a while.

Will you be OK if, say, companies providing maintenance for health equipment decide it is not worth the risk of sending staff over? 

And don't think that because they are involved in health, they are any more likely to abide by the rules.  Someone who is connected with some kind of health service provider to Nobles said that when they next visit they will 'sneak out' to visit a relative's grave. The resounding reply was 'do not do that'. I won't get more specific,  but that is illustrative of the leaky sieve we already have whilst everyone is feeling we are bombproof.  Better to face up to reality and accept it.

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Will you be OK if, say, companies providing maintenance for health equipment decide it is not worth the risk of sending staff over? 

And don't think that because they are involved in health, they are any more likely to abide by the rules.  Someone who is connected with some kind of health service provider to Nobles said that when they next visit they will 'sneak out' to visit a relative's grave. The resounding reply was 'do not do that'. I won't get more specific,  but that is illustrative of the leaky sieve we already have whilst everyone is feeling we are bombproof.  Better to face up to reality and accept it.

Thing is though it isn't just healthcare workers they're letting in and violating rules, it's people working for the MER for fuel companies and god knows what else, the more and more people allowed in, the more likelyhood of violation  and more risk of setting off another round of infection.

The line used for -  you wouldn't want healthcare workers to stop coming would you? is used for all of them and lots of them we can do without whilst this is ongoing.

I do agree with the people feeling bombproof part, we really , really aren't.