IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 hours ago, Manxberry said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sex-your-house-person-another-22117105

Another pin in the death of law abiding white people. The great replacement is real

There are exemptions though for people who may be deemed to have a reasonable excuse - those are said to be sports professionals, people attending funerals, vulnerable persons fleeing a risk of violence, carers and those with unavoidable work commitments

So if you fancy a shag with a stranger you could always pull at a funeral, look for a battered wife fleeing a violent domestic situation, or perhaps target a work colleague at an unavoidable meeting. Good to know that premier league footballers can get back on it though. It just shows you how utterly ridiculous and useless the rules are getting now. 

Edited by Mr Newbie
  • Like 1

On 4/28/2020 at 12:10 PM, Filippo said:

I am sorry P.K. I always thought that all those redneck gun right activists of rural America where absolutely nuts. There are nuts, by any mean, I never had interest in guns by myself. But this crisis made me understand the purpose of those nuts: they pose a limit to what the government can do to you. Who is going to live with the imbecility of the restriction to "one form of exercise a day" for the purpose of saving the NHS. It is just too dumb to bear. The point is that the rednecks are nuts but the government can be worse.

Two pics below. To protest Gretchen Whitmer's Covid-19 restrictions armed men gathered at the statehouse of Michigan while others protested in their cars: "Live free or day" say the banners. The second pic shows a pig country of Southern Europe (Milan Cathedral in the background) where the population can be submitted to the will of a government so filthy to even ban outdoor physical exercise for no reason at all. I know in which of the two countries I would prefer to live.

2141836974_ArmedmengatheredatthestatehousewhileothersprotestintheircarsagainstGretchenWhitmer.jpg.f8e83bb523768fdb27f7b279ae3b36a3.jpg

Interesting how a few weeks ago according to the media these were the scum of the earth, and yet now it's fine when you're rioting across the country. 

Really gets the noggin joggin... 

3 hours ago, Manxberry said:

Interesting how a few weeks ago according to the media these were the scum of the earth, and yet now it's fine when you're rioting across the country. 

Really gets the noggin joggin... 

They haven't turned up to the riots, didn't answer their emperors call for a MAGA party, aren't shooting black people in the streets. Cos they are pussies.

If only we could be arsed to generate some good off Island publicity for ourselves like this rather than getting prime space in the Guardian for locking up children. It does make you wonder what all our very expensive legions of PR gurus are doing as it seems there are opportunities to grab some good headlines out there if you try: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8380895/Guernsey-place-British-Isles-reopen-pubs.html

Edited by Mr Newbie

The very expensive legions of PR guru's ( as you put it:rolleyes:) dont really have much PR to go at.

Our schools are closed.  Our pubs, cafes, restaurants, night clubs, sports clubs and pretty much everything else involving social contact are closed.

What's the PR angle?   That we've gone mearly two week without a new case, we've got one case and everywhere that matters is closed?

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

What's the PR angle?   That we've gone mearly two week without a new case, we've got one case and everywhere that matters is closed?

The PR angle is that the IOM is a great place to relocate too - thanks to a great effort on everyone's part. And a natural border.

There are few places I would rather be working from home. It's a great place to sit out the first wave of a global pandemic.

• Like 1

Just now, pongo said:

The PR angle is that the IOM is a great place to relocate too - thanks to a great effort on everyone's part. And a natural border.

There are few places I would rather be working from home. It's a great place to sit out the first wave of a global pandemic.

Exactly there is plenty of positive PR we could have got in the papers for. Other islands seem to be milking it for their own benefit yet all we’ve had is a Guardian article about the police stormtroopers imprisoning children for Covid violations. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Newbie said:

Exactly there is plenty of positive PR we could have got in the papers for. Other islands seem to be milking it for their own benefit yet all we’ve had is a Guardian article about the police stormtroopers imprisoning children for Covid violations. 

The IOM is not responsible for what The Guardian writes. Most people support the measures taken here. Much better than ending up like Sweden or the UK.