IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

6 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

Donald Trump getting a bit of stick for saying we can't be afraid of Covid and let it dictate our lives. I honestly can't see what he is saying is wrong. 

Rumours that Scotland are going into lockdown on Friday for 2 weeks but the liklihood it will last longer than 2 weeks.

Trump is correct.  He's getting stick because he is Trump and people struggle with him being right.

Scotland can fuck off.  Wee Jimmy Krankie loving being a dictator.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Do you really think the majority of the younger generation look at the numbers and make informed decisions, or are just doing what young people do.... ignore everyone/everything else going on around them and carry on as if all was normal? I know I did when I was their age. Virus or no virus.

Hopefully.  The more they ignore it the better in my view.

The Manx Government need to start being realists but more importantly honest Gladys.

The idea that we can remain Covid free is a mere pipe dream, it's ludicrous, really. We can halt it sure but all we are doing is suspending or holding in abeyance.

This is why I believe Quayle and Co. will try and eek this current policy out until the elections late next year because they simply have no alternative in mind. Leave it for the next administration and go out as Covid champions.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

.......but now we need to have a few honest and grown up discussions about risk and who is responsible for each individual's health. 

It is a shared responsibility, and will fluctuate throughout one's life depending on circumstances, cradle to grave. That is why we pay insurance to protect us when can not fully manage it ourselves. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

The investigation into Abbotswood needs to hurry up so we can understand what went so tragically wrong there. Then measures to prevent a recurrence explained so that those who are very risk averse can understand their own personal  risk.  

Where was the safe guarding system when it was most needed ? Who is accountable for not testing those being discharged from hospital ? Lots more to this issue but of course not allowed to discuss as price investigation still ongoing. Wonder why it is taking so long? 

Will this apply to those with Capacity issues / dementia ? 

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

I honestly think it's a combination of both.

I have friends who have just sent their kids to Uni. Their kids are highly intelligent and are making choices to go out & enjoy themselves knowing full well the potential consequences of their actions.

Excuse me but lots on here were claiming just how responsible youngsters are. Particularly their own...

Are you saying they have got that wrong somehow?

Just everyone be aware that the more that get infected, irrespective of their age, the greater the spread of the virus therefore the greater the chances that it will infect someone with serious consequences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Apple said:

It is a shared responsibility, and will fluctuate throughout one's life depending on circumstances, cradle to grave. That is why we pay insurance to protect us when can not fully manage it ourselves. 

Where was the safe guarding system when it was most needed ? Who is accountable for not testing those being discharged from hospital ? Lots more to this issue but of course not allowed to discuss as price investigation still ongoing. Wonder why it is taking so long? 

Will this apply to those with Capacity issues / dementia ? 

So long?  It isn’t taking long. It's the death of 21 people.  What are you expecting? A couple of days to sort it?

Not at all DDB, and I feel more than you know about the people who died and their families. It is not one of the DHSC's proudest moments, believe me. Their are lessons inevitably to be learned form that episode that need to be shared and developed into good practices for everyone to follow. That can not come soon enough in my book

Do we even know what the allegations or criteria for the investigation are yet ? 

Edited by Apple
typo

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Little wonder Mr Quayle et al want to keep the borders strictly controlled....

The person who listens to no one except his own droning voice with same old rhetoric!! Even your mates who came on originally to support you are fed up !!

More & more on this forum and in public are getting fed up with this controlling of everything and it can’t go on indefinitely. Economy , mental health and wider health issues need to come more to the fore

Just now, Banker said:

The person who listens to no one except his own droning voice with same old rhetoric!! Even your mates who came on originally to support you are fed up !!

More & more on this forum and in public are getting fed up with this controlling of everything and it can’t go on indefinitely. Economy , mental health and wider health issues need to come more to the fore

See if you can understand this logic -

The more people who catch the virus the more dead people there are....

It's like trying to square a circle. Take care homes. Forty to fifty on the island? In the UK to keep the old folks safe from an airborne virus means barrier care. The isolation and accompanying loneliness etc makes them very unhappy and depressed. Unfortunately lots are not in a position where they can decide what's actually best for them so then there are legal ramifications in changing things. Plus the more ingress there is the more chance the virus will spread inside to others.

Unfortunately it's not like normal where if you make a wrong decision you can just make another decision to put it right.

So decisions about the border carry huge responsibility with them. Which is probably where the "Borders not open until the spring" came from ie it's only prudent to wait until after the winter colds and flu and Covid have passed.

Basic commonsense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nom de plume said:

The Manx Government need to start being realists but more importantly honest Gladys.

The idea that we can remain Covid free is a mere pipe dream, it's ludicrous, really. We can halt it sure but all we are doing is suspending or holding in abeyance.

I’d have money on it being back sometime this month. I can’t see anyone eking anything out either. I think Quayle, Cannan et all are realists and have probably been amazed it’s not returned by now. I don’t think they are managing anything for votes. But I do think that some of the covid obsessives are that crackers and hysterical that they know that realistically there is nothing they can do to turn many of them off their island bubble mentality. When the bubble bursts it’s going to get very ugly indeed. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I’d have money on it being back sometime this month. I can’t see anyone eking anything out either. I think Quayle, Cannan et all are realists and have probably been amazed it’s not returned by now. I don’t think they are managing anything for votes. But I do think that some of the covid obsessives are that crackers and hysterical that they know there is nothing they can do to turn many of them off their island bubble mentality. 

I thought they pledged to bring the students home for xmas?

Bet they're having second thoughts now...

• Haha 1