IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

35 minutes ago, rachomics said:

This is correct, and we are in the middle of sequencing the viral genomes of all the cases from the first outbreak. I have ethical approval to analyse this data alongside contact tracing and antibody test data to gain an overall picture of the first outbreak. This will tell us things like how many unique introductions of the virus came into the Island, roughly when (because the mutations act like a clock that we can track back in time) and the geographical origin. It should also inform whether there are links between clusters of patients that contact tracing did not detect (possibly because of patients not being entirely truthful or not remembering). This should help the policy-makers should we see a second wave of community transmission on the Island. 

What is ethical approval?  How does it differ from any other approval?  

Just interested. 

• Like 1

Let me explain it another way. 

You are a Tory politician and you tested positive on 1 September.  So, as we all know you will do, you go home to isolate for two weeks, but by 10 September,  you are feeling disconsolate, lonely and bored.  What better to cheer you up than a bit of auto-erotic asphyxiation?  Sadly, the normal safeguards are not in place and the erotic becomes necrotic, and you die. 

Because you tested positive and died before 28 September, you are counted in the daily death toll figures. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Given lots of care home and hospital deaths would have been end of life anyway it could easily have had a big multiplier affect. They’re going to die of something. Many might not have lived for another 28 days anyway. The fact they might have tested positive for Covid in the last month is pretty much irreverent really. 

At that time wasn't the time limit 60 days?

15 minutes ago, pongo said:

Capture.PNG.5e7839ea3f3b0bf96498bbee00b3f6b6.PNG

Yet bizarrely Facebook and Twitter (two of the biggest internet stocks that have benefitted from the Covid hysteria) refused to publish that statement. Facebook blocked it, and Twitter put it behind a fake news warning. So who is manipulating who when their stocks are sky-rocketing on the back of widespread covid hysteria keeping people glued to sensationalist social media? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

You don't need to.  It actually says so on the News at 6 each night. i saw it last night.

They tell you the covid deaths. And there is a small disclaimer in there saying what was said above.

I don't watch telly. And have kinda not read any coronavirus news other than IOM for a few weeks, wasn't doing me any good. My fault for not being informed.

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yet bizarrely Facebook and Twitter (two of the biggest internet stocks that have benefitted from the Covid hysteria) refused to publish that Tweet. Facebook blocked it, and Twitter put it behind a fake news warning. So who is manipulating who when their stocks are sky-rocketing on the back of widespread covid hysteria keeping people glued to sensationalist social media? 

Google, Facebook, Microsoft and Twitter etc have a very scary amount of power these days.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Let me explain it another way. 

You are a Tory politician and you tested positive on 1 September.  So, as we all know you will do, you go home to isolate for two weeks, but by 10 September,  you are feeling disconsolate, lonely and bored.  What better to cheer you up than a bit of auto-erotic asphyxiation?  Sadly, the normal safeguards are not in place and the erotic becomes necrotic, and you die. 

Because you tested positive and died before 28 September, you are counted in the daily death toll figures. 

There has been a noticeable shortage of deaths by danger wanks for about 20 years - post Hutchence it became a passing phase - now where’s my belt and orange easy peeler......

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

It doesn't surprise me that a loud few here will agree with "misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19".

To be honest, if we were receiving accurate information  (vis the daily death toll) we may be less questioning. 

• Like 1

Just now, trmpton said:

Never in a million years did I think I would say this.

I agree with Donald (still don’t think he actually had it though)

I mentioned earlier trump said we can't let covid dictate our lives and people were going nuts at him. I think trump just needs to say this is the deadliest thing ever and people won't want to agree with him so will do a 180 and declare there's nothing to worry about lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

There has been a noticeable shortage of deaths by danger wanks for about 20 years - post Hutchence it became a passing phase - now where’s my belt and orange easy peeler......

But if he’d tested positive for covid in the previous 28 days it wouldn’t have been a door back danger-wank that killed him! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

These been a noticeable shortage of deaths by danger wanks for about 20 years - post Hutchence it became a passing phase - now where’s my belt and orange easy peeler......

I suspect they may be on the rise for the reasons given in my hypothetical example. 

Actually,  I read some time ago that the AEA cause of death is more common than we think as a method of suicide.  For obvious reasons, the exact details  are not given. 

• Like 1