IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Why?

When I met Wrighty I recall he was a perfectly normal person and a nice guy.

He probably thought I was a bit of a fruit-loop.

But then I'm manx. All that inter-breeding etc...

All those years ago you seemed like a regular bloke. I didn’t pick up on the rabid blinkered political viewpoint you’re displaying here with virtually every single post. I think it’s that what manages to turn most posters away - nothing to do with your Manx family tree (with its multiple cross-links;))

Even when you have a genuine point to make it’s lost in the frothing-at-the-mouth, everything Boris does is shit rhetoric that you continually spout. I’m not a fan of the current UK government and its pandemic management, although I doubt that had December’s election gone the other way Jeremy Corbyn would be faring any better.

So my advice to you PK is to keep on posting, but maybe tone down the politics outside of overtly political threads. You might have a more receptive audience for your views if you do. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Absolutely Roger.  What many of us have been saying for a very long time is that the stats in this are not accurate nor are they compared to anything to give context or scale.  Similarly, with the number of cases -  of course they will be higher with increased testing and to count positive tests as cases is not consistent with the usual medical view of a case of anything being one that is symptomatic.  Nor is the methodology of gathering stats consistent between countries.

Makes the compiling and comparison of stats (and the complex systems for doing that) more or less useless. If Roger Mexico had posted his views on this earlier then perhaps several pages of 'debate' might have been avoided. 

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

Surely not if there is no identifying information.

It is happening a lot on this island but no-one is questioning it. It is time it was. There is very, very big money to be made with all our health related data to many companies in the health care and health related fields, (especially American insurance companies) and the estimate for selling health data is around £10 billion a year.

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Why, are they beyond reproach?

Such is the nature of debate. Play the ball, not the man, works both ways. 

Edited by Apple
typo -dumb fingers

13 minutes ago, wrighty said:
9 hours ago, P.K. said:

Why?

When I met Wrighty I recall he was a perfectly normal person and a nice guy.

He probably thought I was a bit of a fruit-loop.

But then I'm manx. All that inter-breeding etc...

All those years ago you seemed like a regular bloke. I didn’t pick up on the rabid blinkered political viewpoint you’re displaying here with virtually every single post. I think it’s that what manages to turn most posters away - nothing to do with your Manx family tree (with its multiple cross-links;))

Even when you have a genuine point to make it’s lost in the frothing-at-the-mouth, everything Boris does is shit rhetoric that you continually spout. I’m not a fan of the current UK government and its pandemic management, although I doubt that had December’s election gone the other way Jeremy Corbyn would be faring any better.

So my advice to you PK is to keep on posting, but maybe tone down the politics outside of overtly political threads. You might have a more receptive audience for your views if you do. 

Oh Dear. Playing the man I see. 

If you insist on playing the man then why not email each other and both do us all a favour. I support neither, fawn over no-one, and try not to take it all so seriously. It's not that any of this will make any difference to the outcomes we face, is it.

56 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I think you're also missing that, politics aside, he's simply an incessant, patronising troll too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Folks just shouldn't take themselves, and therefore this message board, too seriously. So there's never any real "frothing at the mouth" at all. Except for the UK politicians whose incompetence has killed literally tens of thousands of innocents. Which Bozo calls "our success". A truly dispical excuse for a human being.

I used to have some right ding dongs with the Woolster but unlike most of the spats on here there was never any malice or spite in them. Mutual respect made sure of that. Which meant we both enjoyed them very much indeed. Too much 'ad hominem' just drags everything into the mire. And there's a lot of nastiness involved.

Not good.

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Folks just shouldn't take themselves, and therefore this message board, too seriously. So there's never any real "frothing at the mouth" at all. Except for the UK politicians whose incompetence has killed literally tens of thousands of innocents. Which Bozo calls "our success". A truly dispical excuse for a human being.

I used to have some right ding dongs with the Woolster but unlike most of the spats on here there was never any malice or spite in them. Mutual respect made sure of that. Which meant we both enjoyed them very much indeed. Too much 'ad hominem' just drags everything into the mire. And there's a lot of nastiness involved.

Not good.

The only one who takes themselves seriously is you and one other with equally blinkered opinions.

There has also been a fair amount of nastiness involved.

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Most sane people would  rather listen to a respected medic than your blinkered approach of fuck the economy to protect some vulnerable people like you 

Have you always been obnoxious?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Not good.

You're frothing at the mouth again.  It's tiresome.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

The only one who takes themselves seriously is you and one other with equally blinkered opinions.

There has also been a fair amount of nastiness involved.

On 10/4/2020 at 8:02 PM, Banker said:

Are you on drugs, because you’re coming out with some shite

On 10/4/2020 at 6:28 PM, Banker said:

You’ve been asked nicely to stop trolling now just fuck off back to England 

On 10/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, Banker said:

People like you need to fuck off back to where you came from , some hole in England. And whilst you’re at try & get treatment for your drink problem 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2