IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

39 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Of course.

As long as you accept that they have 30+ active cases.

Actually 38 as of yesterday.  Though as far as I can tell[1] they're all in isolation from arrival.  

The rise isn't so much an indication of how things are getting worse in Jersey as how much things are deteriorating in the UK.  This means more people arriving in Jersey are going to be infected, just as they are here - we've already had more cases in October than the whole of September.

[1]  Jersey could do with making this clear and also with providing a past record of their daily figures.

38 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

The numbers don’t lie, of course I accept them.

The important numbers are hospital admissions, those that are receiving oxygen via ventilator & sadly deaths recorded.

I’m not seeing that in the Channel Islands.

I will be writing to all our MHKs in the next few days asking for consideration of a Jersey styled model to be adopted early 2021. I urge others to do the same.

If the jersey model was adopted, and you were travelling back from Liverpool and tested negative on arrival, would you accept the fact that you would he e to isolate for 14 days if you had been sat next to (or behind, in front) someone who had tested positive? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

Lots of very incisive & thought provoking articles out there seemingly backed up by medical science that contradicts Project Fear the likes of Sky News purvey.

Open your mind.

Project Fear ? You believe that there is a project to create fear?

Is it them again? Who are they and what do they want? Why are they doing it?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cambon said:

If the jersey model was adopted, and you were travelling back from Liverpool and tested negative on arrival, would you accept the fact that you would he e to isolate for 14 days if you had been sat next to (or behind, in front) someone who had tested positive? 

Absolutely, if a competent track & trace system was implemented. We need to move forward & find the middle ground.

I very much doubt Liverpool would be on the 'safe' list if a traffic light regional system was introduced atm (but if it was and we need to appreciate people need to travel from all over to get to IOM embarkation ports, we need to trust people to be responsible).

Edited by Nom de plume

8 minutes ago, pongo said:

Project Fear ? You believe that there is a project to create fear?

Is it them again? Who are they and what do they want? Why are they doing it?

I believe they call it sensationalism to attract viewers, readers or listeners. Nobody seems to want to hear positive stuff these days (as in, maybe just maybe, there's been a bit of an over reaction).

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Seems overkill to me given that people can share a bed and not even infect each other.

It’s about balancing risk with normality, and I accept I appear to be less risk averse than some others.

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

https://gbdeclaration.org/

Go for your lives.

The i reported this too, with some caveats from experts on 'long covid' .

They also reported that medicine is better equipped to tear covid patients reducing mortality and speeding recovery but, again, a caveat that the true trend would become evident over the next 2 or 3 weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

here’s BBC report on above details UK medics supporting that lockdown should be resisted because of the harm caused

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54442386

Finally the Mainstream Media seem to be grasping the nettle.

I expect mindsets to shift fairly quickly once these type of reports start to circulate.

Control the press, you control the people.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I see Wee Krankie is going to come down hard on the central belt including Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I wonder if Bozo will follow her lead re Liverpool, Manchester and the NE....?

Well they've already announced 2021 exam results will now be assessment based.

We still think the TT is happening ... LOL. 

3 hours ago, trmpton said:

I accept that, and would be more than happy to accept 30 cases over here it it me at a move forward and the situation was carefully monitored.

A few cases really don’t scare me anymore than loads of other things.

Fortunately the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens.

A "few cases" may not bother you however:

"Hilda Cubbon, 80, said the Isle of Man should "shut down again" until the situation was better in England since coronavirus could "really wipe us out" if it returned to the island."

it's people like you who really scare the most vulnerable in our society.

With good reason....