IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Fortunately the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens.

A "few cases" may not bother you however:

"Hilda Cubbon, 80, said the Isle of Man should "shut down again" until the situation was better in England since coronavirus could "really wipe us out" if it returned to the island."

it's people like you who really scare the most vulnerable in our society.

With good reason....

Or, maybe people like Hilda need to look at the bigger picture and the greater good of all.  I know that’s my elderly relatives mindset 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Fortunately the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens.

A "few cases" may not bother you however:

"Hilda Cubbon, 80, said the Isle of Man should "shut down again" until the situation was better in England since coronavirus could "really wipe us out" if it returned to the island."

it's people like you who really scare the most vulnerable in our society.

With good reason....

Hilda should stay in then with the other vulnerable people and let others who have plenty of years left get on with their lives.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

Hilda should stay in then with the other vulnerable people and let others who have plenty of years left get on with their lives.

You're such a hypocrite aren't you.

What about the effect on Hilda's mental health having to hide away....?

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Here’s BBC report on above details UK medics supporting that lockdown should be resisted because of the harm caused.

Disgusting....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

You're such a hypocrite aren't you.

What about the effect on Hilda's mental health having to hide away....?

Disgusting....

Don’t start the name calling & nastiness again after someone disagrees with you. Haven’t enough people pointed this out to you already?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Don’t start the name calling & nastiness again after someone disagrees with you. Haven’t enough people pointed this out to you already?

Name calling? Nastiness?

You've been caught in a trap all of your own making.

You're all for banging on about lockdowns being bad for mental health so they should be avoided etc etc but as soon as having the most vulnerable in our society locked down, which happens to suit your agenda, all of a sudden you're all for them!

Pure selfishness....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Yes but Hilda is in the minority.

That's why we can't base silly ideas like "shutting the island down again" around her.

Is she?

Bearing in mind 20% of the population are over 65 I wouldn't be too sure of that minority if I were you.

In any event, that 20% of the population have as much right to a decent life as you have....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Is she?

Bearing in mind 20% of the population are over 65 I wouldn't be too sure of that minority if I were you.

In any event, that 20% of the population have as much right to a decent life as you have....

Well 20% is a minority, well it was when I was at school!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What part of "That 20% have as much right to a decent life as you have" is it that you don't understand?

This what you said 

Bearing in mind 20% of the population are over 65 I wouldn't be too sure of that minority if I were you.

Pointing out that 20% is a minority and 80% is a majority who should be taken into account more than the minority who are undoubtedly getting nice pensions and don’t care about unemployed 

In amongst the petty bickering refreshing to see Grant Shapps looking to set up U.K. airport testing in an effort to get planes back in the sky & people moving again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54452397

I’m sure we’ll consider it in 2030, it’s what the people would want.

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Like 1