IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

This what you said 

Bearing in mind 20% of the population are over 65 I wouldn't be too sure of that minority if I were you.

Pointing out that 20% is a minority and 80% is a majority who should be taken into account more than the minority who are undoubtedly getting nice pensions and don’t care about unemployed 

How do you know they don't care about the unemployed? Or rather how can you know?

You don't know. You have absolutely no idea.

You're just very selfishly trying to make the most vulnerable in our society appear inconsequential....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You really are a persistently angry individual. How long do you think you can keep these rages up for before you pop a main artery in your neck? 

Rages.

You funny.

Keep that imagination rolling. After all we all need a laugh....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, P.K. said:

Is she?

Bearing in mind 20% of the population are over 65 I wouldn't be too sure of that minority if I were you.

In any event, that 20% of the population have as much right to a decent life as you have....

Do they? I'm in the majority.  The 80 plus percent.

Also, the "vunerable" aged people that I know largely don't want special arrangements made to impact everyone.

My mum is a pensioner and working.  She doesn't want to be told she can't go here, can't go there, stay locked up etc.   She's been the opposite.  It's more common than you might think.

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

How do you know they don't care about the unemployed? Or rather how can you know?

You don't know. You have absolutely no idea.

You're just very selfishly trying to make the most vulnerable in our society appear inconsequential....

Calm down Karen, you’re going to have a heart attack with all this ranting 

22 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

In amongst the petty bickering refreshing to see Grant Shapps looking to set up U.K. airport testing in an effort to get planes back in the sky & people moving again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54452397

I’m sure we’ll consider it in 2030, it’s what the people would want.

Hard to believe that they let infected people just fly into the country and then go on their merry way up until May was it?

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Calm down Karen, you’re going to have a heart attack with all this ranting 

Really?

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Rages.

You funny.

Keep that imagination rolling. After all we all need a laugh....

7 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Do they? I'm in the majority.  The 80 plus percent.

Also, the "vunerable" aged people that I know largely don't want special arrangements made to impact everyone.

My mum is a pensioner and working.  She doesn't want to be told she can't go here, can't go there, stay locked up etc.   She's been the opposite.  It's more common than you might think.

Old folks are awkward, no doubt about it, caring for them is a nightmare. Been there, done that, got the scar tissue.

But you have to be alive to be awkward.

It's absolutely disgusting that some on here think the most vulnerable in our society can be just brushed under the carpet and then forgotten about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Really?

Old folks are awkward, no doubt about it, caring for them is a nightmare. Been there, done that, got the scar tissue.

It's absolutely disgusting that some on here think the most vulnerable in our society can be just brushed under the carpet and then forgotten about.

So when coronavirus comes back to the Island, with the options (broadly) being:
A) Lock down the vulnerable
B) Lock down everyone
C) Do nothing

How is A worse for the mental health of the vulnerable than B?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HeliX said:

B) Lock down everyone
C) Do nothing

If it comes back then I would hope everyone will pull together to protect our society.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

So, B then? Which is worse economically and no worse mentally than A for the vulnerable?

He never answers questions just rages,

obviously A is better for all as can deliver shopping etc for vulnerable as before and shops can stay open

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HeliX said:

So, B then? Which is worse economically and no worse mentally than A for the vulnerable?

Did I say 'B' then?

No I didn't.

Don't bother trying to force your options on people so you can then challenge their choices.

I'm simply not interested in playing your games...

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Really?

I genuinely don't recall saying that or anyone else saying it.  Happy to be corrected.

No one here is suggesting that the vulnerable be brushed under any carpet.  It's simply common sense that if you have a relatively small segment of society at risk you simply don't take actions that impinge on everyone.

I see more big companies announcing closures today including some parts never to reopen.

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

He never answers questions just rages,

obviously A is better for all as can deliver shopping etc for vulnerable as before and shops can stay open

Why not try to play the "drinking" card so beloved by some on here?

Like your imaginary "rages" it won't actually get you anywhere but at least you would have tried...

The puerile way they try to diss people is just pathetic...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HeliX said:

B) Lock down everyone
C) Do nothing

of course there is option D.  Lock down no one but issue guidance and ask those in that venerable category to moderate their lifestyles for a little while if they feel it best to do so. 

• Thanks 1