IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

I think you will agree that there are lots of options but no solutions. England and Scotland are struggling to map a path of safe passage. Increased levels of infection means that we can only maintain our security bubble and keep watching out CI neighbours to see if we can develop our strategy. Keep blood pressure down.

Edited by Major Rushen
Typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Did I say 'B' then?

No I didn't.

Don't bother trying to force your options on people so you can then challenge their choices.

I'm simply not interested in playing your games...

Then go ahead and elaborate on what you meant by "If it comes back then I would hope everyone will pull together to protect our society." in terms of practical steps.

11 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

I genuinely don't recall saying that or anyone else saying it.  Happy to be corrected.

No one here is suggesting that the vulnerable be brushed under any carpet.  It's simply common sense that if you have a relatively small segment of society at risk you simply don't take actions that impinge on everyone.

I see more big companies announcing closures today including some parts never to reopen.

You need to improve your reading....

3 hours ago, Banker said:

Hilda should stay in then with the other vulnerable people and let others who have plenty of years left get on with their lives.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Then go ahead and elaborate on what you meant by "If it comes back then I would hope everyone will pull together to protect our society." in terms of practical steps.

The government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens.

So do what they say.

The reason the UK is in such a mess is because a lot don't. Sure Dominic Cummings didn't help but i heard today that you can walk into a large supermarket in Rochdale and if you're wearing a mask you will be the only one that is.

18 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

of course there is option D.  Lock down no one but issue guidance and ask those in that venerable category to moderate their lifestyles for a little while if they feel it best to do so. 

Option E, completely lock down the borders again, social distancing, limit people in shops and mandatory isolation of known active cases until Covid free again. 

Pubs, restaurants and shops can remain open with social distancing. 

Point is, it will allow a limited amount of Covid to pass through the community and help create herd immunity. 

Elderly and vulnerable can make their own decisions.

• Confused 2

12 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

9133F287-27CF-494A-A1D7-79188187F7CC.jpeg

Easy to laugh at now but the "red menace" posed a serious threat.

Well-meaning middle class people passed nuclear secrets to Stalin. And 3 decades later school teachers and union members were going on "cultural exchanges" to lovely old East Germany (they built a wall to keep people in) or joining Soviet funded "peace" groups. Even after the Prague Spring the left was jumping through hoops to try pretend at an equivalence between democracy and communism.

Edited by pongo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pongo said:

Easy to laugh at now but the "red menace" posed a serious threat.

No it didn’t it was psychological programming at its finest. Exactly what’s happening now. Making the weak willed trembling state informers and compliant subjects willing to accept anything in order to be allowed to live by a benevolent state allegedly protecting them from harm. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Haha 1

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

No it didn’t it was psychological programming at its finest. Exactly what’s happening now. Making the weak willed trembling state informers and compliant subjects. 

Or you could read the accounts of people who had to live under those dreadful regimes. Millions killed.

Your ignorance is offensive.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is not my medical qualified opinion it was an article I read that was comparing the number of cases and deaths in the first wave with the number of cases and deaths in the present wave, the opinion was either the virus was weakening in strengh or the treatment was better based on experience the article was written by a scientist of which we seem to have an abundance of most with conflicting ideas.   

1 minute ago, hissingsid said:

It is not my medical qualified opinion it was an article I read that was comparing the number of cases and deaths in the first wave with the number of cases and deaths in the present wave, the opinion was either the virus was weakening in strengh or the treatment was better based on experience the article was written by a scientist of which we seem to have an abundance of most with conflicting ideas.   

What was the article in? The Big Issue?