IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

Wee Jimmy Krankie ruining Scotland.

Yet people fawn over her. She's a dictator.

You can drink booze outside a pub but not inside.  ICU will be overrun alright with hypothermia cases.

To be fair she's played a blinder. Restaurants and pubs in Scotland have to take customers details for track and trace so in the next couple of weeks with no pubs open the number of cases will fall and she will say see the measures worked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

So when coronavirus comes back to the Island, with the options (broadly) being:
A) Lock down the vulnerable
B) Lock down everyone
C) Do nothing

How is A worse for the mental health of the vulnerable than B?

The problem with locking down the vulnerable is what would you do with the non-vulnerable who look after them? I’m talking care assistants, nurses, therapists etc. Are they to be locked down too? And their families? The logical conclusion is that it has to be all or nothing. 

I don’t think there should be lockdowns. I don’t think option C is viable either.  It really is a difficult problem to get right. Here, I’m afraid there’s no option but to carry on as we are, hopefully with a move to level 3 borders. In the UK it seems despite the rules everyone’s doing what they want. They should probably just go for it, with masks, hand hygiene, isolation if ill, and shielding of the ‘vulnerable’ if they want. 

I don’t know if my post from a couple of days ago regarding risk was missed amongst the nonsense, but in essence everyone’s risk of having a serious covid infection is proportional to their risk of having a serious non-covid medical problem.  Anyone who gets covid has the same risk of dying from it as they do of dying in the next year anyway. In that respect no-one is any more vulnerable than anyone else. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, P.K. said:

The government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens.

So do what they say.

The reason the UK is in such a mess is because a lot don't. Sure Dominic Cummings didn't help but i heard today that you can walk into a large supermarket in Rochdale and if you're wearing a mask you will be the only one that is.

What part of asking the vulnerable to isolate while the rest get on with it isn't performing the duty of care?

And what actual practical implementation are you suggesting that would?

7 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Anyone who gets covid has the same risk of dying from it as they do of dying in the next year anyway. In that respect no-one is any more vulnerable than anyone else. 

Not getting it is the best way of not dying from it currently.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wrighty said:

The problem with locking down the vulnerable is what would you do with the non-vulnerable who look after them? I’m talking care assistants, nurses, therapists etc. Are they to be locked down too? And their families? The logical conclusion is that it has to be all or nothing. 

I don't agree that it has to be all or nothing, something like half a million NHS frontline staff, a few million carers. Surely them isolating/taking extra precautions is still better than locking down the entire country?

When you ask an intelligent question I may respond then again I may not the chances of you posting anything remotely intelligent would point to probably not.   When are you and Wanker, sorry Banker, announcing your engagement ? It would be nice to get some joyful news for a change in these challenging times.   :whistling:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

When you ask an intelligent question I may respond then again I may not the chances of you posting anything remotely intelligent would point to probably not.   

Do I have to ask again you aggressive bullshitter? You said that you read an article supporting your statement so I would be interested to read the article. Thank you. 

“It is not my medical qualified opinion it was an article I read that was comparing the number of cases and deaths in the first wave with the number of cases and deaths in the present wave, the opinion was either the virus was weakening in strengh or the treatment was better based on experience the article was written by a scientist of which we seem to have an abundance of most with conflicting ideas.”

Edited by thesultanofsheight

10 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I do not reply to such ignorant and impolite requests so you will have to wonder or read The Times last Thursday or Friday.   Warning this paper uses big words so you may have to use your dictionary.   Have a nice night. :lol:

You lack the balls to back up anything you say on here to be honest. That’s three requests now.