IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Just now, P.K. said:

Good. It's:

Doing what the Government asks of you without bitching and moaning about it...

Handed you that one didn't I?

You did miss the proviso "So long as what the Government asks is what P.K. would've recommended anyway" though :)

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

It’s no wonder Woolley fucked off. 

Thank Rox - something sensible at last. The last time we had an eejit infestation the mods took some action. Perhaps we'll see that again soon.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

I did respond to that part - I think there's a bit of a leap between "carers need to isolate" and "the conclusion is it has to be all or nothing". I know the number of carers in the UK is pretty significant, but so is the number of non-carers...

But how do you isolate carers, that's @wrighty's point.  Those doing this work (either in care homes or the community) have their own lives and commitments.  You can't expect them to give those up indefinitely for a minimum wage job.  Who will look after their children and maybe their own ageing relatives?  Do you take their kids out of school, their partners away from their jobs? 

And remember Abbotswood actually tried that - managers and carers isolated with the residents.  But it was either too late or it didn't work.  If the virus is widely present in the community, then there will be infections.  The same thing happened in Sweden despite all the rhetoric of protecting the vulnerable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But how do you isolate carers, that's @wrighty's point.  Those doing this work (either in care homes or the community) have their own lives and commitments.  You can't expect them to give those up indefinitely for a minimum wage job.  Who will look after their children and maybe their own ageing relatives?  Do you take their kids out of school, their partners away from their jobs? 

And remember Abbotswood actually tried that - managers and carers isolated with the residents.  But it was either too late or it didn't work.  If the virus is widely present in the community, then there will be infections.  The same thing happened in Sweden despite all the rhetoric of protecting the vulnerable.

The same way you would isolate the entire population in a lockdown. But this way it's far fewer people. I'd be in favour of raising their pay (perhaps pay them for the hours they don't work, if they have to spend those isolating away from their normal homes/family.

27 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Moving in with the care home residents in the UK was on the telly quite a bit. Probably because it was a good human interest, folks pulling together, caring society type story.

But how widespread it actually was is anyones' guess.

Eh?

14 days for everyone and no option to test anymore!

I must be thick, because now the few people who had been picked up after day 8 tests and then had to do another 14, will just be wandering about after 14 instead.

So by taking away the little bit of flexibility available to people they have made things worse as far as I can see.

Where is the logic in that?

4 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Eh?

14 days for everyone and no option to test anymore!

I must be thick, because now the few people who had been picked up after day 8 tests and then had to do another 14, will just be wandering about after 14 instead.

So by taking away the little bit of flexibility available to people they have made things worse as far as I can see.

Where is the logic in that?

There is no logic, panic has set in again driven by 4/5 positive cases out of thousands.

what a load of bollocks, more job losses soon at ports unless government workers