IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

Fact is you two, there is massive spread of covid all around us.

We are Dependant on the honesty and the honest behaviour  of those who come here. A small minority of those can not be relied upon to behave honestly and are reported to be inbreach of our regs.........

,,,,,and those who slip through the net?????

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Really not.  This time he makes some valid points.  Last time was ill informed nonsense based on what he had read in the daily mail.

Nice try though

He's still not making any particularly good points, it seems he falls in the disenfranchised seeking out a conspiracy to blame, COVID is fake etc etc.

Realistically, there's no chance a mass global conspiracy would ever be pulled off. Have you ever tried to get a new recycling bin or a parking permit from the council? Bureaucracy simply wouldn't work for it.

• Haha 1

When Howie was asked today is anyone checking up on key workers to ensure they are keeping to regulations he didn’t know & tried to palm off question to Ashie who said well DHSC ones are .

Basically no one is checking anyone is keeping to isolation and the only reason the welders got caught is because they had face masks on ad stupidly told someone in Tesco !

i was never contacted once during isolation and I know of someone who has come from USA for funeral on compassionate entry and also has not been contacted once in 2 weeks despite coming from high risk countries 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Banker said:

When Howie was asked today is anyone checking up on key workers to ensure they are keeping to regulations he didn’t know & tried to palm off question to Ashie who said well DHSC ones are .

Basically no one is checking anyone is keeping to isolation and the only reason the welders got caught is because they had face masks on ad stupidly told someone in Tesco !

i was never contacted once during isolation and I know of someone who has come from USA for funeral on compassionate entry and also has not been contacted once in 2 weeks despite coming from high risk countries 

Conversely, two people from the ‘borders squad’ or whatever they’re termed turned up at my neighbour’s house to check on the isolation of her daughter who had visited friends in the UK.

1 minute ago, Uhtred said:

Conversely, two people from the ‘borders squad’ or whatever they’re termed turned up at my neighbour’s house to check on the isolation of her daughter who had visited friends in the UK.

Maybe it’s just the younger non key workers they check

19 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

He's still not making any particularly good points, it seems he falls in the disenfranchised seeking out a conspiracy to blame, COVID is fake etc etc.

Realistically, there's no chance a mass global conspiracy would ever be pulled off. Have you ever tried to get a new recycling bin or a parking permit from the council? Bureaucracy simply wouldn't work for it.

I thought his point about us not being able to live in a bubble forever was valid?

4 hours ago, Banker said:

Did Howie give any evidence to support removing the 7 days testing other than the cases are higher in UK?

would have expected a senior medical expert to be rolled out to give some evidence as to why it wasn’t working, risks from continuing etc

You or SoS should have volunteered...

• Haha 1