IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

It’s my understanding that Covid only proves fatal to those who are already at risk due to comorbidities. In a similar way that a severe bout of influenza might do during a regular winter. 

You also need to realise that a lot of people have these 'comorbidities' as well - they don't mean that someone is at death's door.  It could be something that people can live happily for decades with such as diabetes or high blood pressure.  The ICNARC figures suggest that the number with 'very severe' comorbidities suffering from Covid in ICUs is actually quite small - and less than for those in ICUs with viral pneumonia say. 

19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

You also need to realise that a lot of people have these 'comorbidities' as well - they don't mean that someone is at death's door.  It could be something that people can live happily for decades with such as diabetes or high blood pressure.  The ICNARC figures suggest that the number with 'very severe' comorbidities suffering from Covid in ICUs is actually quite small - and less than for those in ICUs with viral pneumonia say. 

We’re talking about fatalities though. 

It’s my understanding that most of those that died after a Covid infection were already in a state of ill health and would in all probability have passed away of other means in the near future. I think I read somewhere on here that Wrighty mentioned a similar point.  

That’s not to say that it doesn’t affect a wide range of age groups and health statuses but it only proves fatal, from what I am reading, to a small group which share similar characteristics/profiles. 

Edited by Lxxx

11 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

It’s my understanding that those that died after a Covid infection were already in a state of ill health and would in all probability have passed away of other means in the near future. I think i read somewhere on here that’s Wrighty mentioned a similar point.  

That’s not to say that it doesn’t affect a wide range of age groups and health statuses but it only proves fatal, from what I am reading, to a small group which share similar characteristics. 

And your understanding is wrong.  Of those who died in critical care in the ICNARC report of what is in effect the first wave (ie up to 31 July) only 424 had any 'very severe comobidities', 3629 didn't (90%).

Obviously those who got to be in critical care are not necessarily a representative sample of all Covid patients or even of those who died.  And very severe comorbidity did make a difference, 50% with them died while only 39% of those without did.  But anyone who thinks that those who are dying from Covid were all about to die anyway are just kidding themselves that it can't happen to them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

It’s my understanding that most of those that died after a Covid infection were already in a state of ill health and would in all probability have passed away of other means in the near future. I think I read somewhere on here that Wrighty mentioned a similar point.  

That’s not to say that it doesn’t affect a wide range of age groups and health statuses but it only proves fatal, from what I am reading, to a small group which share similar characteristics/profiles. 

I don't think the 'would have died anyway' line was Wrighty - it  was Harold Shipman's defence

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, manxman34 said:

I don't think the 'would have died anyway' line was Wrighty - it  was Harold Shipman's defence

Depends what they die of. Seems this Professor was unlucky to see two colleagues commit suicide in the last few weeks with lockdown anxieties. Just shows you how all this nonsense is taking its toll on people who aren’t even sick and who would be very unlikely to have died of COVID-19 or to even have caught COVID-19. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8824833/Lockdown-despair-drove-two-Professors-lives.html

Edited by thesultanofsheight

1 hour ago, rachomics said:

Unfortunately not true. Many people who ended up hospitalised were previously young and healthy. There also appear to be long-lasting side-effects of infection (now termed "long Covid")

many  out of how many ?   100 out of 1 billion isn't worth worrying about for everybody that doesn't die from it.   if we took this stance for every other contagion that could kill 1 percent we would never be allowed out of our houses.  many people are getting to the fuck it stage and are willing to roll the dice, except of course those with a new found influence on society. 

Edited by WTF
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's 2 people which is 0.0000000000000002% of the population so they don't matter, it's all overblown nonsense MASS HYSTERIA and loons

That's how it goes isnt it?

I wonder how many people he knows who died of covid compared to the two people he now knows who killed themselves because of lockdown? 

6 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They probably already had depression, it was only a matter of time anyway.

Am I doing this right?

I doubt it statistically. Let me go away and google a report or stats on some whacky site somewhere in the depths of the internet that supports absolutely everything I’ve said so I can claim it’s fact and claim with self-proclaimed certainty that we have a suicide wave coming right at us. 

Am I doing this right? 

Edited by thesultanofsheight