IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS give it a rest, you obviously haven’t got a clue and question everything that hasn’t been posted by you or said by Howie.

Just accept there are posters on here that know more than you and I don’t mean me!! You’re giving trolls a bad name 

We have a house with an Oldham postcode. So we're very aware of differences.

Plus the references to India are interesting. I spent quite a lot of time there in the 1980's and iirc the average male lifespan was a shockingly low 55 years.

Do you actually have something to contribute?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

So, you are happy with measures that proportionately affect more of those already under socio-economic stress?

I'm happy with measures that keep them alive. Aren't you? If not, why not?

Personally I think Bozo et al have got it wrong again. Chris Whitty categorically stated that he thought these new measures didn't go far enough and will not work.

Frankly when the PM's closest scientific advisors are not being listened to politics are obviously more important than people...

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

We have a house with an Oldham postcode. So we're very aware of differences.

Plus the references to India are interesting. I spent quite a lot of time there in the 1980's and iirc the average male lifespan was a shockingly low 55 years.

Do you actually have something to contribute?

Does your Oldham house send you regular updates? 

TBH, you have very little to contribute other than snide and condescending comments, rants and an unswerving belief in your own "liberal" views, which are far from liberal in the true sense of the word.

Your demonstrative inability to interpret and analyse information is matched only by your bombast. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, P.K. said:

I'm happy with measures that keep them alive. Aren't you? If not, why not?

Personally I think Bozo et al have got it wrong again. Chris Whitty categorically stated that he thought these new measures didn't go far enough and will not work.

Frankly when the PM's closest scientific advisors are not being listened to politics are obviously more important than people...

Do these measures really keep them alive, or condemned more of them to even more abject poverty, mental health crises and lack of access to treatment for their physical wellbeing?

You have said Bozo's preferred tactic is to do nothing, but that is patently untrue, he is doing a lot, probably not the right things, but he is "doing" things. He is being seen to be doing things in response to the clamour for government to "sort this out". 

But again, the objective has become clouded, no longer protecting the NHS, but being seen to eradicate the virus, which it would seem is nigh on impossible.  Better to put measures in place to live with the virus - the most benefit for the least harm. 

Perhaps the measures do not have the support of his scientific advisers.  But perhaps the scientific advisers themselves are set on an unattainable objective.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gladys said:

TBH, you have very little to contribute other than snide and condescending comments, rants and an unswerving belief in your own "liberal" views, which are far from liberal in the true sense of the word.

Your demonstrative inability to interpret and analyse information is matched only by your bombast. 

When I ring them, well, yes.

12 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Out of those 55 years lifespan 8 were spent in ill health.

Top ten causes of death in India.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/health/the-top-10-causes-of-death-in-india/story-lFLxCFVHmF7svw2RKCl70K.html

I have to say that you paint an alarming picture of a someone right on the edge. Do you have support when you get to Oldham? If this is what the relative freedom of the IOM does to you then I dread to think how you will adapt to a lockdown situation.

Edited by thesultanofsheight

17 minutes ago, Gladys said:

To be a Launch Manager I was shoe-horned into Field Engineering for nine months to look after a range of products in the field. I must have looked through more Component MTBF spreadsheets than you've had hot dinners. I very quickly learned that MBF is the only way to go. So mining data is a must.

It was hell and I hated it.

I quickly learned that my worst enemies were customers for their stupidity and Manufacturing for constantly trying to lower unit costs by things like refurb programs. Which simply moved their cost savings onto Field Engineering who had to replace refurbed components more often.

Believe me you need your numbers correct if you're going to present that case to the Board.

Wrighty is correct in that managing people is a lot more nuanced than managing products. Especially from a risk point of view. But the tools are the same...

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Top ten causes of death in India.

https://www.hindustantimes.com/health/the-top-10-causes-of-death-in-india/story-lFLxCFVHmF7svw2RKCl70K.html

I have to say that you paint an alarming picture of a someone right on the edge. Do you have support when you get to Oldham? If this is what the relative freedom of the IOM does to you then I dread to think how you will adapt to a lockdown situation.

Not so long ago I breezed through 14 days self-isolation courtesy of Mr Quayle and co.

Your constant personal attacks have an air of inferiority complex about them. In a "play the man not the ball due to a lack of skillset" sort of way.

You might even find burning police cars gives you a sense of self-worth....

Just now, P.K. said:

Your constant personal attacks have an air of inferiority complex about them. In a "play the man not the ball due to a lack of skillset" sort of way.

Oh the irony coming from an angry and bitter poster who has serially abused almost every poster who has challenged the nonsense they post over pages and pages. I’m sure that returning to Oldham will allow you to update your extensive knowledge of the BAME community and it’s covid exposure. 

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

To be a Launch Manager I was shoe-horned into Field Engineering for nine months to look after a range of products in the field. I must have looked through more Component MTBF spreadsheets than you've had hot dinners. I very quickly learned that MBF is the only way to go. So mining data is a must.

It was hell and I hated it.

I quickly learned that my worst enemies were customers for their stupidity and Manufacturing for constantly trying to lower unit costs by things like refurb programs. Which simply moved their cost savings onto Field Engineering who had to replace refurbed components more often.

Believe me you need your numbers correct if you're going to present that case to the Board.

Wrighty is correct in that managing people is a lot more nuanced than managing products. Especially from a risk point of view. But the tools are the same...

Do you think anyone believes the absolute bollocks you post?

The ramblings & Bull shit are getting worse , you seem to be an expert in everything including India & BAME health now !!

• Thanks 1