IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

To be a Launch Manager I was shoe-horned into Field Engineering for nine months to look after a range of products in the field. I must have looked through more Component MTBF spreadsheets than you've had hot dinners. I very quickly learned that MBF is the only way to go. So mining data is a must.

It was hell and I hated it.

I quickly learned that my worst enemies were customers for their stupidity and Manufacturing for constantly trying to lower unit costs by things like refurb programs. Which simply moved their cost savings onto Field Engineering who had to replace refurbed components more often.

Believe me you need your numbers correct if you're going to present that case to the Board.

Wrighty is correct in that managing people is a lot more nuanced than managing products. Especially from a risk point of view. But the tools are the same...

I am certainly not arguing for inaccurate data, just for considered analysis and interpretation, which you seem unable to bring to the debate.  

I am sure you have examined many more spreadsheets than I have had hot dinners - it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. 

50 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Well they’ve obviously invented electricity since 1985. 

06D8210D-5126-4ECB-B9B3-C9DE3C3B13E6.jpeg

You're both right.  Life expectancy in India was indeed about 55 in the mid-80s and has since risen to 69 plus.  It was barely 40 in 1960.  In a large part caused by the drop in child mortality.

Edited by Roger Mexico
Typo
  • Like 2

Bit of a derailment but watching some stand up on TV.

These guys must be desperate for work.  Will our quick thinking government be contacting them and giving them the option to come to the Villa, perform their new material in front of a packed house and film their new shows to be broadcast around the world with some positive pr?

Doubt it.

So many things we could be doing.  Imagine Top Gear or the Grand Tour filmed in front of an actual audience.  The worldwide or could be huge.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Banker said:

Do you think anyone believes the absolute bollocks you post?

The ramblings & Bull shit are getting worse , you seem to be an expert in everything including India & BAME health now !!

Same for you. Jersey is doing REALLY well with 64 active cases (increasingly steeply) and nearly ten times that isolating because of them. Still, we should do that, and their social distancing, limited gatherings, table service in pubs, etc. 

You really are starting to look a bit silly, aren't you? 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, trmpton said:

Bit of a derailment but watching some stand up on TV.

These guys must be desperate for work.  Will our quick thinking government be contacting them and giving them the option to come to the Villa, perform their new material in front of a packed house and film their new shows to be broadcast around the world with some positive pr?

Doubt it.

So many things we could be doing.  Imagine Top Gear or the Grand Tour filmed in front of an actual audience.  The worldwide or could be huge.

There is definitely an opportunity for something to be happening, played right we should be the envy of everywhere. Stand up is certainly something with potential, its not like they've got to bring a big crew with them or anything to keep risks low. Sadly I doubt it too.

Northern Ireland schools closing for two weeks blah blah blah.

The madness goes on.

These lockdowns are absolutely pointless, it’s too late - the horse has bolted.

Slow the spread, delay the spread, then what? That’s right, open up & it’s back again.

It is quite clear to me the only way out of this is to crack on, practice improved hygiene, encourage social distancing & move the **** on.

• Like 2