IOM Covid removing restrictions

Filippo

9 hours ago, Lxxx said:

The missus got me to have a gander at facebook last night, thankfully I'm not on it but my sneak peek just confirmed why.

It's like large portions of the island's population have had a frontal lobotomy, crying for borders to be closed indefinitely otherwise we're all going to hell and shouting down anyone with a reasoned argument. The herd mentality is reaching fever pitch and you can see why our politicians are like rabbits in the headlights, as it's these idiots who will be clogging up their Inboxes. Even chatting to normally reasoned people in shops you get the same level of hysteria.

It's only on here you actually get intelligent people willing to have a rational debate on it. I despair as to how this place moves forward, especially with someone like Skelly navigating our way out of the economic shitstorm we'll be in if this goes on into next year.

:rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, snowman said:

Ireland moving to Level 5 from Wednesday for 6 weeks

They’ve averaged 1 Covid death per day since June haven’t they?

They are locking down a country on the back of that.

This is MENTAL now!!!!!!!!!!  

What in Gods name is happening to the minds of once reasonable & sane people?

Edited by Nom de plume

Just now, Nom de plume said:

What in Gods name is happening to the minds of once reasonable people?

Here  are the stats for the virus in Wales from the live dashboard (16/10/2020).

Population - 3,120,000

Tot. in hospital with Covid - 442 (0.014%)

Tot. on ventilators - 32 (0.001%)

They have now shut EVERYTHING!

the western governments seem to be just trying to outdo one another on the sheer mental scale

Edited by thommo2010
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

What in Gods name is happening to the minds of once reasonable & sane people?

I'd love to know what the real endgame is?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

the western governments seem to be just trying to outdo one another on the sheer mental scale

That’s correct. It’s a great big pissing competition but they don’t realize they’re actually pissing on their own shoes. The public is turning and I would hope widespread social disorder is not far round the corner. 

• Sad 1

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

That’s correct. It’s a great big pissing competition but they don’t realize they’re actually pissing on their own shoes. The public is turning and I would hope widespread social disorder is not far round the corner. 

I am staggered, like actually proper fuck me staggered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cambon said:

Sweden have loads of restrictions, including a ban on travelling there. They do have social distancing inside bars, restaurants, etc. They did not lock down. That is all. 

Mate of mine came back from a week there last week. No restrictions on entry. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, finlo said:

I'd love to know what the real endgame is?

IMF announced the other day there needs to be another Bretton Woods to usher in a new financial system. Perfect time to do it with the world’s economies down the swanny. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

I am staggered, like actually proper fuck me staggered.

It needs the Millennials and Generation X’ers to get very, very angry. It’s sort of nearly there. I was talking to a friend in the UK last week. Knows about 5 people in his social circle (all around forties to mid forties) who have had breakdowns in the last 2 months. Either work colleagues or people in friendship groups who have totally lost it. Either walked out on marriages or long term relationships or ended up under the doctor as they can’t cope with the job insecurity or furlough. He still doesn’t know 5 people who’ve had fucking covid and died (or even been affected more than a bad dose of flu)! 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

IMF announced the other day there needs to be another Bretton Woods to usher in a new financial system. Perfect time to do it with the world’s economies down the swanny. 

Right from the outset there were rumours that it was all about pressing a big financial reset button.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, finlo said:

Right from the outset there were rumours that it was all about pressing a big financial reset button.

One wonders in whose favour it would be?

• Like 1